• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Question: I saw where its been said that part of what wku puts in their coaches contracts where if they're hired away, they get a home & away game from the other school. Is this true and if so, is that something many schools do?

Edited by 2000bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I like the hire and hope the debate as to who to hire can end and that the real Bulls fans keep their support up. I personally think successful recruiting can help to overcome whatever weaknesses he may have. As a season ticket holder from day one I feel more excited about the program now than I did last year at this time. Welcome Coach Taggart.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I'd rather see USF lose a coach because he took a better job than see USF lose a coach because they fired him for losing too much.

...or fire him for losing his temper. (and hitting someone.)

But for interfering with an investigation, its ok.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

Confused as to why some people think we were going to go after some big name...wouldn't have some of the other schools looking for coaches go after Petrino, Davis or others? I haven't heard their names, nor were they hired. We are in a sinking conference, have had a couple miserable seasons and a wavering fan base. WT has getting a lot of hype for national outlets as an up and coming coach. This guy has fire and passion, just like our first coach. I say give him a shot, let him build his staff and get some recruites in here before all the critism and bickering

Confused as to why some people think we were going to go after some big name...wouldn't have some of the other schools looking for coaches go after Petrino, Davis or others? I haven't heard their names, nor were they hired. We are in a sinking conference, have had a couple miserable seasons and a wavering fan base. WT has getting a lot of hype for national outlets as an up and coming coach. This guy has fire and passion, just like our first coach. I say give him a shot, let him build his staff and get some recruites in here before all the critism and bickering

The thing is, the big names were coming after us. Butch Davis REALLY wanted this job. He even did an interview today with Auman explaining what an awesome opportunity he saw this as. Houston Nutt was really pushing to get this job. Tommy Bowden, etc. etc. etc.

Taggart was the guy all along. He just makes too much sense. I don't think they ever seriously considered anyone but him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Don't feed the troll slick.

I wasn't. I was pointed out that I thought the Bucs made a bad hire but now I have changied my mind.

Agreed, Schiano has won me over. Even when they lose Bucs are at least an entertaining team on the right track. Let's hope Taggs can do the same thing.

You want entertainment? F that, I and many others want wins. We had three years of the Howdy Doody show, that's as much friggin ENTERTAINMENT as I need for a lifetime. Wins only from here on out are acceptable.

I understand what you're saying but hope that is tempered a bit with giving him a chance to get things back on track first-- I mean-- you aren't expecting great things immediately from any coach coming into this tough situation, are you? I can see this being true for when Holtz came on board-- he had inherited a good team and talent. I can't say I know what kind of talent we have and we just graduated a ton of our starters to boot. So this seems more like a cabinet empty crisis type of situation. Not unwinnable of course-- but certainly not something we should be having ridiculous expectations from the start either.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

YES!!! a black coach!!!

i've been saying it for years, we don't need Howdy Doodie Holtz or the out of control professional wrestler Leavitt style, we need a guy that can relate to the players. no "golly gee wiz" stuff and no headbutts.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

facepalm.gif
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

guess USF needed to hire him to meet the state quota on minorities.

Please keep racism off this board. USF is an inclusive community.

+1 good call

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

I like how the trolls come out after the announcement. Where where you all when we were talking about this 4 days ago? I support coach Taggart.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

5 hours of sleep and nothing new?

Can't wait to meet Coach.

I do expect a conference title in 2013! It will be difficult with our offensive weapons, but think we have a strong core on D.

Go BULLS !!!