• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Confused as to why some people think we were going to go after some big name...wouldn't have some of the other schools looking for coaches go after Petrino, Davis or others? I haven't heard their names, nor were they hired. We are in a sinking conference, have had a couple miserable seasons and a wavering fan base. WT has getting a lot of hype for national outlets as an up and coming coach. This guy has fire and passion, just like our first coach. I say give him a shot, let him build his staff and get some recruites in here before all the critism and bickering

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

i challenge you to prove to me his back to back 7-5 records lead to anything otherwise.

And I challenge you to examine what he actually accomplished in three years at a fledgling FBS school, dragging them from being a doormat program in less than time than any reasonable person thought was possible. Looking only at records when evaluating a coach is simple and deceptive. As to being another Shannon, their career paths have literally nothing in common.

Funny because the same can be said about Skip Holtz when he took over in ECU.

Looking at only records when evaluating a coach is simple and deceptive? OK, lets just ignore Skip Holtz's down-trending record at USF then.

I hope WT proves me wrong, but 3 seasons at WKU with his best records being 7-5 don't tell us jack. This hire was simply on DW's SUBJECTIVE evaluation of what he believes is a good coach, nothing objective. Too risky of a move, if you ask me.

I wouldn't be shocked if you were one of the durptards saying Eveld should start over BJ.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

Confused as to why some people think we were going to go after some big name...wouldn't have some of the other schools looking for coaches go after Petrino, Davis or others? I haven't heard their names, nor were they hired. We are in a sinking conference, have had a couple miserable seasons and a wavering fan base. WT has getting a lot of hype for national outlets as an up and coming coach. This guy has fire and passion, just like our first coach. I say give him a shot, let him build his staff and get some recruites in here before all the critism and bickering

i think we were gonna hire Davis but we decided on a young coach who grew up not too far from USF. Taggart has a lot of potential and if he does turn USF into a player in CFB he might just stick around for a long time if we can match salaries, stack up conference wise and keep adding on to our facilities.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Basketball is a players game, football is a coaches game. The talent difference in football is not that different between one team and another. It's all about schemes, technique and motivation in football and Taggert does these very, very well. The best coaches get 2stars to play like 4stars and 3stars to play like 5stars. Taggert is one of those guys.

In hoops it's all about the five kids on the floor for the most part.

Thanks for returning and giving your insight.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

screw USF. Im just in here to screw with you morons who think USF will ever get to the level of Florida or Florida State. It will NEVER happen. Just keep spending money hiring and firing your coaches. Hell, USF has to travel 10 miles to play their home football games. Thats the mark of a real football school.

Duemig?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Man this place can be dumb and racist.

Glad we hired a coach and excited to see what he can do. I'm fading back into obscurity until the next crisis.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

My first choice was MacIntyre and pre Skip Holtz it was Al Golden. I hope Taggart doesn't pan out the way Holtz did. I'll wait to see how recruiting goes and make my determinations later about this hire. I'm doing NO backflips today, thank you very much!!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Since we're already bullshitting around about the race card.... don't think for a SECOND that he being the only African-American coach in the state won't help in his recruiting! It sure as hell will

I don't really care what his race is -- that should make no difference whatsoever

I do like his in-state recruiting ties and his enthusiasm. I am not sure how well he will do given the current state of our team-- but we will see how it works out. If he is given three full years like Skip was-- I cannot imagine him doing any worse.

Let's just get behind him and hope for the best. I am at best cautiously optimistic. Any one saying he is a terrible choice right now is going to beat that drum for the next 3 seasons and will annoy the hell out of all of us. Let me just say this-- NO ONE GIVES A F**K THAT YOU KNEW THIS WAS A BAD HIRE. So get over yourselves-- clowns who call this a bad decision--- and give the man a chance to show you he can get the job done. You will get ZERO kudos for calling this a bad hire on day 1 from me EVER.

So it's not ok not to be fired up about this hire? I hope I'm wrong, I hope he knocks it out of the park, but not everyone is sold on this guy.

However, I believe all us die hards will still back him and support him.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Do a round on all the other school forums, even the SEC ones. You'll see that:

1. Everyone is talking about this hire

2. Everyone agrees USF made a great hire

Support your new coach, I think we're going to love his attitude.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Loving the new HC hire. Taggart sounds legit. I think AW made a great call going for a young up and comer instead of a washed up coach looking for a revival.