• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No matter who we select as coach...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I thought that the coaching was so bad, that's why this coach was fired. Now people are saying its the talent? Where have I heard that before?

:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

if we land someone big, then there may be enough hype to get someone to change their committment to us, especially if they know there's no competition.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

With a great coaching job this is a 6-6/7-5 team next year. The offensive backfield and defensive backfield are disasters.

I think you're being generous with your prognostication, Sanjay. With the problems you've pointed out, I'd be extatic if we went 6-6 or even 7-5.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I thought that the coaching was so bad, that's why this coach was fired. Now people are saying its the talent? Where have I heard that before?

well we lost a large number of seniors that contributed to the team

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Positions of worry are QB, LB, CB, LT, WR depth.

I think the addition of Aaron Lynch will help out the defense a lot (similar to JPP in 09) and If we can get some solid corner play and have a unexpectedly great year at QB I think we could win 6 games and get bowl eligible.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

They would speaking of the talent next year, wouldn't they? And the coaching was bad. Undeniable.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Horrible coaching but unproven talent with very little experience at QB, LB, CB will hurt this team next year.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I know we take a step back, but we still have some talent on this team. Keep in mind we are going to have McNeese St, FAU, Memphis, UConn, Temple (UCF, SMU, etc...) on the schedule. I don't think saying we could get bowl eligible at 6-6/7-5 is a huge huge stretch with the right coaching hire. Although that will all depend upon the coaching hire and what are recruiting class ends up looking like (do we get AW to sign).

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482

Positions of worry are QB, LB, CB, LT, WR depth.

I think the addition of Aaron Lynch will help out the defense a lot (similar to JPP in 09) and If we can get some solid corner play and have a unexpectedly great year at QB I think we could win 6 games and get bowl eligible.

I think we'll be okay at LB. We get Dede and Cliett back, plus Tashon and Bullock. All of them got very significant playing time this year. They should hold their own, with a strong DL in front of them

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Wow, where did my post go?