• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

you're so negative on USF. he will do tremendously better than holtz when it comes to recruiting the surrounding areas. if we can steal one from each of the big 3 and then steals one that leave for aurburn, clemson,etc then we can build a pretty good roster. the only BCS teams holtz was recruiting against were wake forest, indiana, etc.

So you're one of the ones thinking he will lock down the Bay Area?

no i don't.

That's all Joe was saying.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Valencia's son...â€@Mistral_Raymond

@gregauman Greg, let the people know I'm ALL FOR the hiring of Willie Taggart. Know him personally. An unbelievable guy. Young & motivated!

Skinny has his back too

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

you're so negative on USF. he will do tremendously better than holtz when it comes to recruiting the surrounding areas. if we can steal one from each of the big 3 and then steals one that leave for aurburn, clemson,etc then we can build a pretty good roster. the only BCS teams holtz was recruiting against were wake forest, indiana, etc.

So you're one of the ones thinking he will lock down the Bay Area?

no i don't.

That's all Joe was saying.

Joe is constantly denigrating USF. I'm not sure anyone said we would lockdown recruiting and keep uf, fsu, etc out of the area. only that we may be in play for some top recruits like we were when leavitt was here. it always came down to signing day with leavitt where he had guys considering us with miami, uf fsu, clemson, auburn, etc offers. he used to steal one or two. added them to transfers from very good schools and a few juco's. that's no longer the case. look at the offers the kids that sign with us get. wake forest, indiana. very few bcs schools. mostly lower level conference schools.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

Leon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

Willie T next USF coach recruiting in Florida will never be the same.

A team like Louisville should have never out recruited us in FL

so does that mean L3 would stay home :D

Interesting comment; sure would love to have 'All the Way' III in our secondary.

I don't know how to cut and paste like it is above, but here's the entire L3 conversation:

Leon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

Willie T next USF coach recruiting in Florida will never be the same.

Expand

38m 016_normal.JPGJoe Davis â€@KingofPasco

@Quaydiddy2206 L3 back in play gor USF now? : )

Expand

31m 1fev0yal2hex885156xu_normal.jpegLeon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

@KingofPasco I won't go that far 1 kid can't help them at this point but I have strong ties to the usf area and would promote them heavily !

Expand

29m 016_normal.JPGJoe Davis â€@KingofPasco

@Quaydiddy2206 1 kid can't, but one elite class can.

Expand

19m 1fev0yal2hex885156xu_normal.jpegLeon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

@KingofPasco that's a lot of flipping on short notice . Let's see what happens sure coach decision will come quickly for recruiting purpose.

Hide conversation

6:13 AM - 5 Dec 12 · Details

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

Holtz wasn't a hot commodity. we hired late in the process and he was still available. we had no real competition for him.

And now we know why...

This is not true. He was a hot commodity at the time and many people thought is was a very good hire for USF.

I guess hot commodity is subjective lol. I don't believe he was a hot commodity or an in demand coach. He was highly respected and many of us thought he could work here. We were wrong. He is still a great person nonetheless and will coach at some point in the future.

agreed. I don't think his style works with the players that are available to us. I see him as more of a midwestern guy. conservative.

The "system" worked pretty darn well at Stanford against the Pac-10/12. Somehow I don't see it as an issue in the BE/ACC.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Dunno if it was really said above, but the rumors are its a done deal.

So whether you weren't too sure about him or not, now's the time to have his back.

e: By rumors I mean apparently HS coaches are talking about him already locked in.

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

im starting to think we are not going with Taggart. i know Woolard is a hush hush guy, but besides the twitter rumors nothing substantial.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

I was not sold on Willie T to be honest. After looking at him a little closer last night and this morning. I like the possibility. Of course with reservations. I think no matter who they choose, there should be reservations.

Would be interested to hear how the interview went though from last night.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

Dunno if it was really said above, but the rumors are its a done deal.

So whether you weren't too sure about him or not, now's the time to have his back.

e: By rumors I mean apparently HS coaches are talking about him already locked in.

really i haven't seen anything saying its done. all ive seen is that we met with him last night and we were wowed. if it went so great he'd have a contract on his desk right now

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

The other nice thing I like a lot if we Taggert is that Blackwell would likely come as well. Would like to see him develop as a good coach someday