• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

I'm reading from 247sports that there was an interview with Taggart tonight, and it went well. So well, in fact, that a deal could be made in the coming days, as to possibilly introduce the new coach (whoever it might be) to the JUCO prospects visiting campus this weekend. Taggart is the frontrunner.

Link?

southflorida.247sports.com/Article/The-latest-on-USFs-head-coaching-search-105138

Thanks, but that link didn't say anything about the interview going well .... Please don't post info from premium access.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

Trying not to get my hopes up thinking about the new path this program could be on with Taggart on the sidelines and a subsequent recommit from AW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

So can someone please remind me why taggart is so amazing....i just need to know the facts here.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Its a bright future indeed...lets go to bed with happy thoughts about this happening tonight.

Its almost like Christmas morning...and theres a new Head-Coach-shaped present under the tree. We can't open it till tomorrow!!! :P

GO BULLS!!!

So can someone please remind me why taggart is so amazing....i just need to know the facts here.

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/12/05/4304267/commentary-willie-taggart-perfect.html

many good articles on him...

He's a hot name right now. Sure Holtz was too...but...yeah...lets DO IT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

Based on all the endorsements, it seems likely to me that Mr. Taggart will be the new USF coach. This is just my opinion. Should be exciting to see how this plays out.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

I agree, this would be interesting to see how they compare. I'll try to pull some numbers later this week if no one else does.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/12/05/4304267/commentary-willie-taggart-perfect.html

• Upvote 1

If a guy can turn an 0-11 team from the SunBelt into a 7-5 team overnight...and recruit the heck outta florida and fill his roster at WESTERN kentucky with mostly 2-3 star florida recruits, imagine what he can do with the USF brand and money...and facilities. I imagine that if he's hired, his first item of business is to head over to AW's house and say "hey...my buddy Jim Harbaugh and I think you should play for me at USF. Lets go!"

Sure the Big East is collapsing...but this guy is a guy that might not want to go anywhere after we get him. He's from the area!

This is the safest and most "USF-like" choice right now.