• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Totally disgusted... and disappointed with our fan base.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But has he lost Doug Woolard? That's the real question.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Skip came here with great intentions. Things obviously didn't work out as planned. Wish our fans at the game would have show a little more respect/class (we're starting a green QB with little to no experience - what were you really expecting tonight). Holtz tried and failed. I hope he picks himself up and succeeds again when given another opportunity. I truly believe he cares about USF football. Thanks for trying Skip. Even well intentioned individuals fail from time to time. Tonight was a sad moment for USF football on national television. Hopefully we'll never experience this again.

I disagree with booing Floyd... he is a green QB... booing Holtz on the other hand is okay by me.

I agree, but I don't think that was a boo to Floyd. Landi, despite not playing QB in years actually moved the ball some. I think the auto-response of bringing in Floyd caused the boos on Holtz. I think we all wanted to see Landi take us to that rare earth called the end zone.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I really don't think Skip is the problem... hope we bring him back for another year!

Where the hell is the sarcasm meter when we need it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Lol. No.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Fanbase? What fanbase? Skip destroyed the fanbase a long time ago with this dumpster fire. It will be interesting to look back years from now and compare the Skip Holtz era to the Robert McCullum era and see who did more damage to the program they coached.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Skip came here with great intentions. Things obviously didn't work out as planned. Wish our fans at the game would have show a little more respect/class (we're starting a green QB with little to no experience - what were you really expecting tonight). Holtz tried and failed. I hope he picks himself up and succeeds again when given another opportunity. I truly believe he cares about USF football. Thanks for trying Skip. Even well intentioned individuals fail from time to time. Tonight was a sad moment for USF football on national television. Hopefully we'll never experience this again.

I agree about booing Floyd. I felt they were booing Landi coming out of the game rather than booing Floyd himself.

Yes, Skip had good intentions and I honestly felt sad tonight and I hate seeing anyone get fired. That being said, you can say the fan base quit on the team, but I would also say that Skip quit on the team in the last few weeks. The way he approached the Miami game. The meaningless FGs, the way he managed the game last week. Actually, since it was Bonani's last game, after thinking about it, I'm not so upset that he went for the FG. Good to see Bonani do his thing one more time.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

2012 has made me believe the old quote. Our fanbase

"has the arrogance of Notre Dame, and the tradition of Wake Forest."

I understand we're not happy, but relentlessly booing all game was lame.

I've said for weeks, we just want to be spoon fed success. While Skip has failed, our fanbase doesn't seem to recognize that it happens. They've held everything to a standard that a school like Ohio State or Alabama would. Be it booing, threatening to cancel tickets, or whatever.

Not saying Skip shouldn't go. He should. It's best for both sides. But our fanbase needs to grow the **** up and KNOW that this ISN'T going to be the last rough year as we grow and build a program.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Sadly we don't even have the Tradition of Wake Forest......

Wake Forest has been to a BCS bowl game and has a conference championship.....something we can't say.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

This is why people don't respect these forums.

You are a troll and you know it. You don't understand the first thing about how USF students pay the most in tuition money then any other Big East football team. You don't understand the University of South Florida is NOT an academic powerhouse. It needs College sports to get recognition. This is WHY they put so much money into it. You obviously think Skip acting like Scrooge McDuck is acceptable. You also don't understand that Skippy has caused USF to stay in the BE and join the new CUSA. All other BE teams are leaving for Big 10, ACC, etc. We are staying ONLY BECAUSE of SKIP HOLTZ.

If you think a fan base being passionate about there team is bad then please stop following sports. I wish the mods who run this would ban you but obviously they want the advertising $$ from you since you have so many posts.

Revenue Expenses Subsidy % of budget Student Fees Louisville $87,736,323 $81,837,054 $10,061,012 11.50% $1,861,502 Syracuse * $73,287,687 $69,187,052 Connecticut $63,089,340 $62,993,983 $15,029,723 23.80% $8,744,642 West Virginia $60,451,426 $61,709,469 $4,365,703 7.20% $4,219,457 Rutgers $60,190,100 $60,190,100 $28,475,523 47.30% $9,032,350 Pitt * $56,338,449 $56,338,449 Cincinnati $42,724,841 $43,688,807 $14,708,672 34.40% $0 South Florida $41,948,123 $43,494,246 $16,561,617 39.50% $15,231,708

• Downvote 1