• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reasons To Keep/Fire Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Trying to be as objective and open minded as possible, I just don't see anything pointing to a turnaround next year.

If it looked like we were just 2 or 3 players away and we knew we had those players coming in or on the roster I could make a case to keep him. However, every unit on this team is in a state of turmoil.

Floyd, to me, so far, looks like a guy that could be a decent back-up. He is young, but didn't blow me away in his appearances yet. Still a project. Not a bad thing, but not what you need when you are needing a turn around.

Unless Andre Hall version 2 is coming from a JC next year, Shaw, Davis and/or Pierre don't excite me as a primary back that will lead the team to a turnaround.

OL- nothing I see points to being dominant. Decent? Perhaps, but good enough for a turnaround? I don't know.

WR-athletes? Yes. Good receivers? Long way to go.

DL- has potential

LBs-has potential, but loses a lot of experience

DBs- not looking good

Special teams-who knows. Horrible for 2 years in a row and lose both kickers

Where do you look to for a turnaround? I don't see where its coming from.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The positives you list do not come close to balancing the scale of the negatives.

You said a mouthful

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Quite honestly, we have 3 wins... of those 3, one was on the shoulders of BJ Daniels vs Nevada, and one vs our pre-planned perennial cupcake. Who is the lowest paid assistant on staff at...say... FSU or UF?

Who truly believes that that guy could not put together a staff and win 3 games with our team and schedule this season? I'm sure they could out-recruit him as well.

There are exactly zero reasons to keep Holtz. I would much rather see them fire everyone except for Kevin Patrick and give him a shot at HC than keep Holtz. Pay him $800k and give him 2 years to prove that he is ready. That and a slight decrease in assistant salaries and Holtz can easily be paid his buyout in 2 years. If we keep him for 2 more years, we are guaranteed to see the continued dismantling of our program.

Wait... I just thought of 1... if ESPN gets their way and kills the BE, maybe his daddy can get us a spot at the big boys table like he has gotten Skip a spot coaching football. He is a nice guy too... which I don't really see as a positive for my football coach. The greats are ********.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Trying to be as objective and open minded as possible, I just don't see anything pointing to a turnaround next year.

If it looked like we were just 2 or 3 players away and we knew we had those players coming in or on the roster I could make a case to keep him. However, every unit on this team is in a state of turmoil.

Floyd, to me, so far, looks like a guy that could be a decent back-up. He is young, but didn't blow me away in his appearances yet. Still a project. Not a bad thing, but not what you need when you are needing a turn around.

Unless Andre Hall version 2 is coming from a JC next year, Shaw, Davis and/or Pierre don't excite me as a primary back that will lead the team to a turnaround.

OL- nothing I see points to being dominant. Decent? Perhaps, but good enough for a turnaround? I don't know.

WR-athletes? Yes. Good receivers? Long way to go.

DL- has potential

LBs-has potential, but loses a lot of experience

DBs- not looking good

Special teams-who knows. Horrible for 2 years in a row and lose both kickers

Where do you look to for a turnaround? I don't see where its coming from.

This says it all. I don't see the positives at all at bringing him back. We are basically bordering on being equal to worse in every category you can think of from the previous regime without any positives to sit on. Recruiting has at absolute best been equal (if not worse), game management has been surprising worse, development of players has regressed. I don't know what to look at and say "he might turn it around". He may not be a bad coach and could succeed elsewhere, but bottom line is he's not working here.

ND is 3 qts away from playing in the BCS NC game, We are starring at a 3 win season. Skip needs to go

ND is going to the NCS in Brian Kelly's 3rd year and we are going to the toilet bowl in Skip's 3rd year. Enuf said FIRE SKIP

I see a pattern

5 losses in holtz first season

7 losses in second season

9 (most likely) in 3rd season

will we eek out 1 win with him here next year??

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

I see a pattern

5 losses in holtz first season

7 losses in second season

9 (most likely) in 3rd season

will we eek out 1 win with him here next year??

If so, I sure hope it's UCF.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Keep Him-----He is a nice guy.......we have no money to pay 2.5 million ?

Fire Him------It is not only that we lose and lose a lot. We also have......

Horrible game management. I mean it is something new every week. Can someone really be a division 1 head coach and not know basic football strategy ? I swear he wants to get fired, collect his $$$$, and get out of here. It is the only thing that makes sense.

No passion

No accountability

There will be 10k people at the last game.

People are getting to the point were they do not care anymore.......bad bad bad

Season ticket holders will disappear if he stays.

No hope that next year will be any better.

Woolard hired him

UCF will kick our ass next year

Time to cut bait, regroup, and start over.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

As Auburn and so many other programs are proving...you get one free bad (no bowl year) as a head coach. After that, if you repeat the performance or go downhill, you are fired (even if you have a national championship under your belt in the last 3 years). There is just no room in such a competitive football environment for "projects" as head coaches. Too much money and reputation on the line.