• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug and Judy's mission in life shoul be to get USF OUT OF BE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Wish she would do what Cincy did and let us know they're at least working on it. :(

They are working on it but its going down something like this

Receptionist: Big 12 conference offices how may I help you?

Judy: This if USF President and I

Receptionist: Maam please hold, you will be handled in order and your number is 8.

While across the talble Doug is on phone

ACC Swofford: Hello, FSU

Doug: Swofford no its Doug at USF

Swoffoerd: WTF you calling me for right now I am trying to save the ACC, shut up for a minute- Beamer hey buddy - click

Doug: Swofford? you still there

Funny, but I bet Woolard's already called everyone he can, and there's nothing more for him to do except monitor the situation, wait patiently for a return phone call, and give CSH another extension.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hope this all shakes out well for us, I just hate being left in the dark.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Wish she would do what Cincy did and let us know they're at least working on it. :(

Receptionist: Maam please hold, you will be handled in order and your number is 8.

Swoffoerd: WTF you calling me for right now I am trying to save the ACC, shut up for a minute- Beamer hey buddy - click

Funny, but I bet Woolard's already called everyone he can, and there's nothing more for him to do except monitor the situation, wait patiently for a return phone call, and give CSH another extension.

Does heaven have 4G service? Maybe Leroy can still make a call. ;)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

+1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

+1

We could definitely use LRS' help right now...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

Not yet, but in a couple of semesters I'll be a USF graduate :yeahbaby:

Been a Bulls fan for a while and decided to nut-up.

Going back to academic schools vs. REAL schools (i.e. football schools), I don't see many people obsessing over and spending tons of $$ on the UPenn Chess team or spelling bee team. I also don't recall UPenn or MIT being in the top ten most well known schools in America, having tens of millions in merchandise sold each year, or having entire multi-billion dollar TV networks set up to broadcast their activities.

Also given the state of our economy, or lack there of, its clear that the big academic schools are turning out duds...

End of argument.

I am willing to bet you have never even looked at a "top ten most well known schools in America" list. So why claim it? Do you even fact check? A simple google search? Let me do that for you. Disclaimer: I did this in under a minute.

Here are some relevant lists I found:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/2012/01/24/the-most-popular-national-universities

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2011-12/world-ranking/region/north-america

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/

Are you seeing a trend yet? Where are all those popular SEC schools?

UPenn may not sell merchandise for their chess team or compete for BCS championships in football, but have you checked out their endowment?

"Penn said its endowment stood at $6.8 billion at the end of June, up from the $6.58 billion reported a year ago when the school earned an 18.6 percent gain on its assets." (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/21/pennsylvania-endowment-idUSL1E8KLI5020120921)

Compared to... say, Alabama: $616,925,376 (http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-1051)

What has USF taught you lately? Did you take a bunch of easily online classes?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

rock.gif

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Whye are we still on this? Who cares if he didnt hear about certain schools, its just not important to him and there is nothing wrong with that. Now can we get back on topic or can thia be moved to Mad Cow lol

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46

How is it off-topic? Doug and Judy's mission in life should be to get USF out of the BE?

I am of the opinion their life goal should to build a respectable university. Talking about reputable universities and comparing them to "real football schools" is very relevant and on-topic.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

How is it off-topic? Doug and Judy's mission in life should be to get USF out of the BE?

I am of the opinion their life goal should to build a respectable university. Talking about reputable universities and comparing them to "real football schools" is very relevant and on-topic.

There is direct correlation of a football program being able to market to students. Look at VT in early 2000s, when Mike Vick was in school their attendance went though the roof, partially between "marketing" of the school by a football program. When this increase in attendance happened so did its donations not just to the football program but to academics.

Now since the boom, VTs average SAT score for kids entering the school has increased by 200 points.

Spending $50 million a year on athletics, and if you are lucky enough to break even, is marketing the school and brings in money throughout the college at times maybe 5-10 fold depending on situation.