• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug and Judy's mission in life shoul be to get USF OUT OF BE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Mission in life? I certainly hope for their sake that getting a football team to play with the right big kids on the block isn't their mission in life. You can hope it's a priority but no one should be making this their mission in life.

U just don't understand how important this is. And not just athletically.

Exactly. This is the turning point for a big source of interest and money.

Please. It's college football, college athletics and it has to a limited extent some education value. It's entertainment not life or death. I certainly do understand how important this is and in the grand scheme of things, it's not.

For our school, it is. Football brings relevance and money to your school. Which brings students, which brings more money. Why do you think you know of all the top universities (aside from ivy league)? SPORTS.

Oh you mean like MIT, University of Pennsylvania and Cal Tech? And yes those silly little Ivy league schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Columbia. Out of the top 20 universities according to US news and world report, a grand total of 5 schools are in a "Big 5" football conference, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Northwestern and Notre Dame. And three of those schools aren't really football powerhouses.

I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the world doesn't give a chit if USF even exists let alone plays football in a major conference. Again it's entertainment, which btw before we go much further, entertainment I love, I have season tixs to football, basketball and baseball and I have graduated from USF three times. I tell my kids that everything we have, is indirectly be enabled to us through the university. I am not saying that people who find this important in their lives shouldn't be emotional and excited about it, but imo, if USF football became my mission in life, I would think my life was not worth much. Now you could argue that making USF a better school through football would be a valuable life mission. And that's a good argument. But if that was your argument, its a very inefficient one. How many years, even during our bowl years, did the AD tell us we were breaking even or making just a small percentage. I am fairly certain that if all of the sudden we decide we didnt want athletics anymore, all that funding could be used more efficiently.

I was speaking to the terms of being a relative University in the United States. High School seniors want to attend a University they have heard of (If they won't be attending universities such as Princeton, Brown, Columbia, ect.). If I asked anyone in the country, they'd know about FSU, Miami, Texas (and tech), LSU, Auburn, BAMA, USC, Oregon, I could keep going but you understand my point. Getting into and doing well in the national spotlight via a major conference sport would greatly increase our student enrollment and propel the University forward.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If Doug manages to get us an invite out of the BE, I swear to god, I will forgive his contract, Skip's contract, Skip's extension, Prado... I might even promise to only curse his name under my breath instead of to anyone that will listen.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Mission in life? I certainly hope for their sake that getting a football team to play with the right big kids on the block isn't their mission in life. You can hope it's a priority but no one should be making this their mission in life.

Please. It's college football, college athletics and it has to a limited extent some education value. It's entertainment not life or death. I certainly do understand how important this is and in the grand scheme of things, it's not.

For our school, it is. Football brings relevance and money to your school. Which brings students, which brings more money. Why do you think you know of all the top universities (aside from ivy league)? SPORTS.

Oh you mean like MIT, University of Pennsylvania and Cal Tech? And yes those silly little Ivy league schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Columbia. Out of the top 20 universities according to US news and world report, a grand total of 5 schools are in a "Big 5" football conference, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Northwestern and Notre Dame. And three of those schools aren't really football powerhouses.

I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the world doesn't give a chit if USF even exists let alone plays football in a major conference. Again it's entertainment, which btw before we go much further, entertainment I love, I have season tixs to football, basketball and baseball and I have graduated from USF three times. I tell my kids that everything we have, is indirectly be enabled to us through the university. I am not saying that people who find this important in their lives shouldn't be emotional and excited about it, but imo, if USF football became my mission in life, I would think my life was not worth much. Now you could argue that making USF a better school through football would be a valuable life mission. And that's a good argument. But if that was your argument, its a very inefficient one. How many years, even during our bowl years, did the AD tell us we were breaking even or making just a small percentage. I am fairly certain that if all of the sudden we decide we didnt want athletics anymore, all that funding could be used more efficiently.

I was speaking to the terms of being a relative University in the United States. High School seniors want to attend a University they have heard of (If they won't be attending universities such as Princeton, Brown, Columbia, ect.). If I asked anyone in the country, they'd know about FSU, Miami, Texas (and tech), LSU, Auburn, BAMA, USC, Oregon, I could keep going but you understand my point. Getting into and doing well in the national spotlight via a major conference sport would greatly increase our student enrollment and propel the University forward.

I don't know, I graduated from USF before we had football, our BB team had only been to it's first post season ever, only recently and people outside of Tampa basically had no clue that USF wasn't in south Florida. I got a great job right out of college and hold a pretty important position within my organization. I'm doing pretty well, as are a lot of the people I still know that graduated from that time before football.

Football and other sports are somewhat important, but to say it needs to be the life mission of the President of the University is quite a bit over dramatic.

As long as you complete your education and keep working hard I'm pretty sure you'll be ok even if we land in a lesser conference for the time being.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Doug and Judy

doug-doug-and-judy-brawl-clip.jpg?format=jpeg

That female looks way too lifelike to be Judy...

If the dust settles and we are irrelevant again, people will be fired. Lots of boosters already fired up about the Holtz New Error, this would throw them off the cliff.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

If Doug manages to get us an invite out of the BE, I swear to god, I will forgive his contract, Skip's contract, Skip's extension, Prado... I might even promise to only curse his name under my breath instead of to anyone that will listen.

Me, too.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

This will affect USF FOR NEXT 100 years.

Yes it's that important.

This should be number one on their priority list.

Do whatever it takes. WHATEVER.

Look at all the schools that were in BE when USF joined. They got it done. Why can't USF.

Rutgers. Gone

WVU. Gone

Pitt. Gone

Cuse. Gone

UConn. Gone to ACC soon

Louisville. Soon to be gone.

Cincy. Soon to be gone.

USF. Sitting around content to be relegated to Sun Belt status

DEMAND ACTION.

all this coming from the person with the Big East symbol as their picture ;)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Outside of MIT I have never heard of the other two. Is University of Pennsylvania like University of Phoneix?

If you don't play football then your not relevant... look at USF before and after football for proof of this.

Outside of MIT I have never heard of the other two. Is University of Pennsylvania like University of Phoneix?

If you don't play football then your not relevant... look at USF before and after football for proof of this.

I sincerely hoping you're being sarcastic by comparing Penn to U of Phoenix.

I sincerely hoping you're being sarcastic by comparing Penn to U of Phoenix.