• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And so it begins...Maryland to the B10 (Official)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Guys, I think it's over.

Until someone proves me wrong, this latest move will blast the nBE and USF into obscurity.

I cannot see a great contract coming with the leftovers.

I know I will be scorned for this, but maybe we and a few other allies need to think about forming a decent, east-of-Texas based conference with whoever's left. Wherever we land, we are not going to get much national exposure or love anyways. IMO, we need to think about travel costs and developing rivalries with similar institutions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

GET OFF YOUR ASS, DOUG

Yeah because we were a candidate in all this...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490

Maybe we could just split from the BB schools and go with the following:

USF, UCF, ECU, Army, Navy, Temple, Cincy, So. Miss, UH, SMU and Tulsa.

Honestly, I see something like this in our future.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

>> USF, UCF, ECU, Army, Navy, Temple, Cincy, So. Miss, UH, SMU and Tulsa.

Add in BSU and BYU and that wouldn't be a horrible group... I guess...

We could call it "The Other Guys."

*BAH*

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Maybe we could just split from the BB schools and go with the following:

USF, UCF, ECU, Army, Navy, Temple, Cincy, So. Miss, UH, SMU and Tulsa.

Honestly, I see something like this in our future.

Bad idea

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Is the B10 really paying $50 million for Maryland!?! Rutgers gone... Uconn and Louisville probably gone in the near future. We need a miracle to be picked up!

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Cross your fingers that the Big 12 goes to 14 and we sneak in with Cinci, BYU, and the Ville.

Or somehow the SEC or Big 12 takes a few schools from the ACC to make more room. We are definitely not sitting pretty.

That scenario is the only one i can imagine working for us. B12 for some reason decides they have to go to 14, and can't convince FSU or anyone else from the ACC to jump. B12 is unable to raid any major conference other than the ACC, so they next have to go after BE schools.

UL and UC seem like locks in this scenario. Ideally after that, UL and UC go to bat for us and save us just like they did in 03. Our relationship with WVU should help as well. I prefer we don't end up latched on to UCF but if needed, we can pair with them and go, but your scenario of UC UL BYU and USF is my preference. Our 4 ADs need to get together and come up with a packaged reason why the 4 of our schools would add the necessary value to the b12.

We badly badly need out of this conference. We'll forever be small time if we cant catch a life line.

I'm happy for Rutgers though, none of the 5 remaining BE schools deserve to be left behind, i hope they all find places.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This move does not surprise me at all... college football is a regional sport and the big conferences are going to enhance their regional footprints whereas the lower conferences will peace-mill themselves together in non-regional formats.

If Maryland is now gone then its very likely that Rutgers is also gone.

So the B10 will have 14 teams and I can realistically see them go to 16 teams now rather then later. Now that the B10 has broken through the shields put up by the ACC the SEC will likely begin resuming its quest to secure FSU and Clemson which would put it at 16 teams.

Another sword hanging over the BEast's head is the PAC and when they will move to take Boise State, which would be #13, and most likely a team from the B12 to reach #14.

If we are going to come out of this shuffle in a good conference then we will need a real coach and Athletics Dept. Today's Voodoo Five post hit the nail on the head with the level of top heavy corruption that is at the University.