• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

As I have mentioned before...out here in the desert is Arizona State University. They had a coach named Frank Kush that was fired for worse. They now have a field named after him and celebrate him all the time - including their 2012 football banquet I attended on behalf of my firm. They realized he was great for the program and the fans adore him. There were many parallels with our Leavitt debacle. Kush is a big part of the program to this day.

I don't think USF has ever displayed the courage for such a move. Unfortunately.

We allowed the anti-USF media (like DUImig) to manipulate public opinion and promote lies and then the powers that be caved.....

And a minor incident was then blown up. Cannot change it now. We need to not let it happen again. If you do not believe there was a little conspiracy going on, what the hell do you think the JD Alexander thing was really about? Remember, he yelled "Go Gators" after stripping USF of funding.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

1) never gonna happen

2) leave Leavitt alone-- this crap we are seeing has nothing to do with him at all

3) dumb idea imo

Bring in a new young coach who has potential and let him develop into a great coach. Stop trying to buy some proven winning coach that we can't afford and who will fail anyway. We need to take a few steps back and reload this program. Be patient with that prcess and hope like hell someone decides this is the right way to fix what is broken.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I have it on a good authority of a person who is friends with Leavitt, and he told me Leavitt does not even think about USF anymore. No negative thoughts, no good thoughts, nothing. He is enjoying his job with the 49'ers right now, and he is not looking back.

Leavitt is part of the past. He does not want to be here, and USF admin does not want him either.

It is about time to stop bringing up this topic, because it has been beaten to a pulp already. :icon_deadhorse:

Right now I think a large number of USF Alumns do not want the USF Admin to be here. Let's say we fire everybody and then test your "theory."

Not sure how my statement is a "theory". I am not going to name names, and I hate to sound like a name dropper, but a good friend of mine is a higher up in the USF Alumni Association, and he personally knows Jim Leavitt. The old ball coach does not want to come back to USF. He is enjoying his new job with the San Francisco 49'ers. He is not going to come back to USF. How hard is that to understand.

the great ones never look back

why would leavitt be thinking about usf?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) never gonna happen

2) leave Leavitt alone-- this crap we are seeing has nothing to do with him at all

3) dumb idea imo

Bring in a new young coach who has potential and let him develop into a great coach. Stop trying to buy some proven winning coach that we can't afford and who will fail anyway. We need to take a few steps back and reload this program. Be patient with that prcess and hope like hell someone decides this is the right way to fix what is broken.

i agree with 1 2 and 3

and could live with a new young coach with ties to the state as long as he has a dynamic personality

He's gone, he needed to be gone, and I hope to god he never comes back. How many years do you think that it would take him to bring the Bulls back to relevance? I’d say we give him 1 conference game, if we don’t win by 35, then he should be deemed a failure. If he doesn’t win a conference title in his first year, he should be deemed a failure, if he doesn’t win an MNC in his first year; he should be deemed a failure. He won’t need any of his players; as he will be able to turn every single player into a world beater. Right? Skip’s got to go, but this bring Leavitt back ******** is ridiculous!

BTW Frank Kush coached ASU for 21 years. Now that is a clear false equivalence.

^^^ People like this are USF's biggest problem. They simply can't comprehend how Leavitt worked miracles with nothing but declared it was not enough and proceeded to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

miracles????

you dont know what the word means

leavitt never won a thing at usf

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

1 - Holtz will not be fired

2 - Leavitt will not come back

3 - How about Miami's OC? Jedd Fisch, worked under spurrier at Florida, done some coaching in the NFL, his offense can obviously crush ours.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

1) never gonna happen

3) dumb idea imo

i agree with 1 2 and 3

and could live with a new young coach with ties to the state as long as he has a dynamic personality

did someone hack smazza's account?

lol

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

Let's bring back leather helmets without facemasks, too.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Let's bring back leather helmets without facemasks, too.

Now that is funny. Hard to talk about this proactively knowing that everyone we want gone is still HERE!