• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

Odd it hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he's snakebit, but redemption is always a decent storyline.

Honestly he's the only guy out there that's going to care enough to resurrect this program. It is in shambles...pure shambles....and not only that it is in shambles at the absolute worst time with all this conference repositioning. Think about it....if we were at No. 12 - 20 these past two years where we'd be trying to punch our dance card.

Instead, we are on the precipice of irrelevance. Shame.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Odd it hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he's snakebit, but redemption is always a decent storyline.

Honestly he's the only guy out there that's going to care enough to resurrect this program. It is in shambles...pure shambles....and not only that it is in shambles at the absolute worst time with all this conference repositioning. Think about it....if we were at No. 12 - 20 these past two years where we'd be trying to punch our dance card.

Keep dreaming my man. Judy and Doug will never admit they were wrong (or were they? doesn't matter anymore) and re-hire him.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

^^^^

The godfather of USF message boards.

Glad to see you here. Sorry it had to be under such dire circumstances.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19

Considering Holtz gets fired, would Leavitt even consider taking the job back. I am sure he has only gotten better with Harbaugh.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I will never understand why they were so hasty in firing Leavitt. It clearly wasn't because of his performance, I think it was personal. I'm certain if he hadn't been fired USF wouldn't have missed a bowl game these last two years. Our defense would have us winning all these close games.

Edited by Gismo

^^^^

The godfather of USF message boards.

Glad to see you here. Sorry it had to be under such dire circumstances.

A crying shame. It really is...

I guess I have the Broncos, but jesus I've never quite seen anything like this USF stuff. Holtz is utterly clueless.

Penance is the key word here. I've seen people mentioning Petrino. That guy is shady on all levels, but yet people would take him. Leavitt had one wrong and I'm not sure it was anywhere near the level of what some of these other jokers did (O'Leary, Petrino, etc). Leavitt built a juggernaut from nothing and truly had a genuine love for this school and this program (and certainly his players).

Genshaft is going nowhere so she'd basically have to axe Woolard, eat some minor crow, but essentially the hero would return. Leavitt could walk back on campus, admit that he's a bit of a changed man and all would be right in the world again.

That's the ONLY guaranteed play here if USF wants to salvage itself. And by salvage itself I mean find themselves in a superconference in the next 5 years.....otherwise, football irrelevance.

I will never understand why they were so hasty in firing Leavitt. It clearly wasn't because of his performance, I think it was personal. I'm certain if he hadn't been fired USF wouldn't have missed a bowl game these last two years. Our defense would have us winning all these close games.

Gismo...think about the players Leavitt had. He had NFL caliber kids from Day 1. Day F-in one. Add that to the fact he got more out of lower caliber players then could have ever been expected.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I agree.

BRING BACK LEAVITT

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

As I have mentioned before...out here in the desert is Arizona State University. They had a coach named Frank Kush that was fired for worse. They now have a field named after him and celebrate him all the time - including their 2012 football banquet I attended on behalf of my firm. They realized he was great for the program and the fans adore him. There were many parallels with our Leavitt debacle. Kush is a big part of the program to this day.

I don't think USF has ever displayed the courage for such a move. Unfortunately.

As I have mentioned before...out here in the desert is Arizona State University. They had a coach named Frank Kush that was fired for worse. They now have a field named after him and celebrate him all the time - including their 2012 football banquet I attended on behalf of my firm. They realized he was great for the program and the fans adore him. There were many parallels with our Leavitt debacle. Kush is a big part of the program to this day.

I don't think USF has ever displayed the courage for such a move. Unfortunately.

Again, the only logical play here. Leavitt is the only one with the work ethic and actually cares enough to turn this ship around. It wasn't USF's program. It was HIS program. Some might say that is dangerous (see Joe Paterno), but he's served his time.

Picking some other ABC or XYZ coach makes zero sense at this point, but honestly it may be too late. If USF doesn't fix this by the end of this season we might as well be UT-Chattanooga or UL-Monroe, etc. 11,000 attendance and nobody will care one iota.