• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

He's gone, he needed to be gone, and I hope to god he never comes back. How many years do you think that it would take him to bring the Bulls back to relevance? I’d say we give him 1 conference game, if we don’t win by 35, then he should be deemed a failure. If he doesn’t win a conference title in his first year, he should be deemed a failure, if he doesn’t win an MNC in his first year; he should be deemed a failure. He won’t need any of his players; as he will be able to turn every single player into a world beater. Right? Skip’s got to go, but this bring Leavitt back ******** is ridiculous!

BTW Frank Kush coached ASU for 21 years. Now that is a clear false equivalence.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

21 years in a 100+ year history or 13 years in a 13 year history?

False equivalence? Yes, I guess tenure is different. :eyeroll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Wow!

USFFreak lives! Greta to hear from you!

Bringing Leavitt back is an interesting idea....but it will never happen. Nor is it the only way to cleanup this mess.

I just remember folks wanting to run him out of town before Paul Miller's lying a$$ ever stepped on campus....so I am not sure how or why things would change. Unless of course we think that USF will suddenly learn not to take their program for granted or realize that we are not entitled to anything.....especially as a program less than 20 years old.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

He's gone, he needed to be gone, and I hope to god he never comes back. How many years do you think that it would take him to bring the Bulls back to relevance? I’d say we give him 1 conference game, if we don’t win by 35, then he should be deemed a failure. If he doesn’t win a conference title in his first year, he should be deemed a failure, if he doesn’t win an MNC in his first year; he should be deemed a failure. He won’t need any of his players; as he will be able to turn every single player into a world beater. Right? Skip’s got to go, but this bring Leavitt back ******** is ridiculous!

BTW Frank Kush coached ASU for 21 years. Now that is a clear false equivalence.

^^^ People like this are USF's biggest problem. They simply can't comprehend how Leavitt worked miracles with nothing but declared it was not enough and proceeded to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

Wow!

Bringing Leavitt back is an interesting idea....but it will never happen. Nor is it the only way to cleanup this mess.

I just remember folks wanting to run him out of town before Paul Miller's lying a$$ ever stepped on campus....so I am not sure how or why things would change. Unless of course we think that USF will suddenly learn not to take their program for granted or realize that we are not entitled to anything.....especially as a program less than 20 years old.

That begs the question...Can USF afford the risk of making another bad hire?

Would a top flight coach in demand even consider taking the job, especially knowing how Leavitt was railroaded?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Odd it hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he's snakebit, but redemption is always a decent storyline.

Honestly he's the only guy out there that's going to care enough to resurrect this program. It is in shambles...pure shambles....and not only that it is in shambles at the absolute worst time with all this conference repositioning. Think about it....if we were at No. 12 - 20 these past two years where we'd be trying to punch our dance card.

Instead, we are on the precipice of irrelevance. Shame.

this is a joke

leavitt left because he hit a kid at usf

usf wouldnt take himback if he paid his own way

i dont think any major school would hire leavitt to be head man

leavitt didnt win anything and doesnt merit a bcs head coaching job

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Wow!

That begs the question...Can USF afford the risk of making another bad hire?

Would a top flight coach in demand even consider taking the job, especially knowing how Leavitt was railroaded?

absolutely

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

No, guy hit a kid. And even if you don't believe he did, he couldn't win in a mediocre Big East and more than once appeared off his rocker.

We need new blood, not old.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I have it on a good authority of a person who is friends with Leavitt, and he told me Leavitt does not even think about USF anymore. No negative thoughts, no good thoughts, nothing. He is enjoying his job with the 49'ers right now, and he is not looking back.

Leavitt is part of the past. He does not want to be here, and USF admin does not want him either.

It is about time to stop bringing up this topic, because it has been beaten to a pulp already. :icon_deadhorse:

THIS!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Last time I checked, 18 year olds are adults. Not mature ones, but adults none the less.