• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1) never gonna happen

2) leave Leavitt alone-- this crap we are seeing has nothing to do with him at all

3) dumb idea imo

Bring in a new young coach who has potential and let him develop into a great coach. Stop trying to buy some proven winning coach that we can't afford and who will fail anyway. We need to take a few steps back and reload this program. Be patient with that prcess and hope like hell someone decides this is the right way to fix what is broken.

i agree with 1 2 and 3

and could live with a new young coach with ties to the state as long as he has a dynamic personality

did someone hack smazza's account?

lol

Ha ha. I agree too Mike. I think most know he is not coming back and would prefer to move on. It seems that most coaches are at their best in a 10 to 12 year window and then fade back. I just like to point out that things were not so back when we were going to the MagicPizzaJack.com bowl like some made it out to be. I had a feeling if we picked the wrong guy that things could get ugly and they have.

It wasn't Leavitt's fault the Big Least has ****** bowl games. If you want good bowl games then USF needs to be in the SEC or Big 12.

You are barking up the wrong tree as I am merely mocking those who have not a clue and were complaining about them. Would love to return to one but it will not happen with Skippy Poo.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Leavitt is looking old these days. We need a youthful coach that will build this program for the next ten years.

Bill Snyder is almost 20 years older. Working out ok for him. These old dogs only know how to coach football.

And I think Leavitt would easily win a conference championship when he comes back. Every team of consequence will be gone. I do love the people who say let's get a young coach and build slowly. I don't see that happening. The Big East continues to crumble. You simply don't pack a 63,000 seat stadium to watch a glorified MAC conference.

The big problem is USF was "good enough" for many years. They beat some big teams, found their way into the rankings, got their name on TV - they weren't perfect, but at least there was some relevance. With these two cellar-dwellar years and no real hope of getting better (not to mention the recruiting blowback) USF is in nobody's mind to move anywhere. We've made the full transition from "up-and-comer" to "done and doner."

You may be correct that Leavitt has moved on and has no interest. After seeing Holtz implode his own career a lot of other coaches may see this as a very unwelcoming and risky career stop as well.

This makes too much sense. Have tried to convey this before but not as eloquently as you. Some seemed to think I was equating Leavitt with Lombardi. Preposterous.