• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You guys are silly. Leavitt couldn't keep coaches (because of how he treated them) and players quit on him on more than one occasion down the stretch. Is he better than Skip, without a doubt. However, saying Leavitt is better than Petrino is non-sense. Leavitt also had an affair (Bobby isn't the only one out there screwing around). I've come full circle with Coach Leavitt. When I first met him, I wanted to choke him out (long story behind it). When I played for him, I would run through a wall for him - although when I look back at things now, I was running through the same wall my teammates were running through. After playing for him, I realized how much I disliked him. Years later, my stance has softened. Maybe tough love was appropriate considering the type of players we recruited. I still believe he peaked though (no shame at peaking at #2 in the nation even for a week). Truth be told, if the players hadn't quit on him more than once, I would say bring him back. However, I know what I watched in 2004... as well as what went down late in 2007-2009.

What's the saying, "F*ck me once, shame on you. F*ck me twice, shame on me."

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Leavitt's players constantly quit on him, and it wasn't just me watching the teams countless ly fold over the years.

He coached with a lot of vinegar. He built USF, but was never an unreal coach. Even before "the incident" half this board was calling for his head as another USF team faded into a 3-4 BE season.

It's better than now, but lets not act like the majority of this fanbase was happy with that...

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I have it on a good authority of a person who is friends with Leavitt, and he told me Leavitt does not even think about USF anymore. No negative thoughts, no good thoughts, nothing. He is enjoying his job with the 49'ers right now, and he is not looking back.

Leavitt is part of the past. He does not want to be here, and USF admin does not want him either.

It is about time to stop bringing up this topic, because it has been beaten to a pulp already. :icon_deadhorse:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

Odd it hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he's snakebit, but redemption is always a decent storyline.

Honestly he's the only guy out there that's going to care enough to resurrect this program. It is in shambles...pure shambles....and not only that it is in shambles at the absolute worst time with all this conference repositioning. Think about it....if we were at No. 12 - 20 these past two years where we'd be trying to punch our dance card.

Instead, we are on the precipice of irrelevance. Shame.

Cut Skip and Woolard (and maybe Genshaft) then ask him. If he can get what he considers a good head coaching job he wants to get back to college. Otherwise he'll stay in the NFL and collect a Super Bowl ring...or two.

I have it on a good authority of a person who is friends with Leavitt, and he told me Leavitt does not even think about USF anymore. No negative thoughts, no good thoughts, nothing. He is enjoying his job with the 49'ers right now, and he is not looking back.

Leavitt is part of the past. He does not want to be here, and USF admin does not want him either.

It is about time to stop bringing up this topic, because it has been beaten to a pulp already. :icon_deadhorse:

Right now I think a large number of USF Alumns do not want the USF Admin to be here. Let's say we fire everybody and then test your "theory."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Odd it hasn't been mentioned. Sure, he's snakebit, but redemption is always a decent storyline.

Honestly he's the only guy out there that's going to care enough to resurrect this program. It is in shambles...pure shambles....and not only that it is in shambles at the absolute worst time with all this conference repositioning. Think about it....if we were at No. 12 - 20 these past two years where we'd be trying to punch our dance card.

Instead, we are on the precipice of irrelevance. Shame.

^^^^

The godfather of USF message boards.

Glad to see you here. Sorry it had to be under such dire circumstances.

A crying shame. It really is...

I guess I have the Broncos, but jesus I've never quite seen anything like this USF stuff. Holtz is utterly clueless.

Penance is the key word here. I've seen people mentioning Petrino. That guy is shady on all levels, but yet people would take him. Leavitt had one wrong and I'm not sure it was anywhere near the level of what some of these other jokers did (O'Leary, Petrino, etc). Leavitt built a juggernaut from nothing and truly had a genuine love for this school and this program (and certainly his players).

Genshaft is going nowhere so she'd basically have to axe Woolard, eat some minor crow, but essentially the hero would return. Leavitt could walk back on campus, admit that he's a bit of a changed man and all would be right in the world again.

That's the ONLY guaranteed play here if USF wants to salvage itself. And by salvage itself I mean find themselves in a superconference in the next 5 years.....otherwise, football irrelevance.

This needs to get done... Won't happen but it's a great idea.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see that crazy haired, head-butting, sprinting out of the tunnel bast@rd in his Green & Gold again....I just don't think it will ever happen. :(

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Right now I think a large number of USF Alumns do not want the USF Admin to be here. Let's say we fire everybody and then test your "theory."

Not sure how my statement is a "theory". I am not going to name names, and I hate to sound like a name dropper, but a good friend of mine is a higher up in the USF Alumni Association, and he personally knows Jim Leavitt. The old ball coach does not want to come back to USF. He is enjoying his new job with the San Francisco 49'ers. He is not going to come back to USF. How hard is that to understand.

You guys are silly. Leavitt couldn't keep coaches (because of how he treated them) and players quit on him on more than one occasion down the stretch. Is he better than Skip, without a doubt. However, saying Leavitt is better than Petrino is non-sense. Leavitt also had an affair (Bobby isn't the only one out there screwing around). I've come full circle with Coach Leavitt. When I first met him, I wanted to choke him out (long story behind it). When I played for him, I would run through a wall for him - although when I look back at things now, I was running through the same wall my teammates were running through. After playing for him, I realized how much I disliked him. Years later, my stance has softened. Maybe tough love was appropriate considering the type of players we recruited. I still believe he peaked though (no shame at peaking at #2 in the nation even for a week). Truth be told, if the players hadn't quit on him more than once, I would say bring him back. However, I know what I watched in 2004... as well as what went down late in 2007-2009.

What's the saying, "F*ck me once, shame on you. F*ck me twice, shame on me."

B U L L S H I T!

Leavit couldn't keep coaches because they could go to places like Gainesville and make more money.

When I was 21 I would run through a hail of live gunfire for my drill sargent. Now that I'm 57 I would reconsider doing so. When you're the underdog with less talent you have to have your troops breathing fire and pissing vinegar and BELIEVING IN THEMSELVES!

Not sure how my statement is a "theory". I am not going to name names, and I hate to sound like a name dropper, but a good friend of mine is a higher up in the USF Alumni Association, and he personally knows Jim Leavitt. The old ball coach does not want to come back to USF. He is enjoying his new job with the San Francisco 49'ers. He is not going to come back to USF. How hard is that to understand.

LOL!

Trust me...My authority is way higher than your authority. Your authority is without question full of ****.