• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bout Time to Bring Leavitt Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1) never gonna happen

2) leave Leavitt alone-- this crap we are seeing has nothing to do with him at all

3) dumb idea imo

Bring in a new young coach who has potential and let him develop into a great coach. Stop trying to buy some proven winning coach that we can't afford and who will fail anyway. We need to take a few steps back and reload this program. Be patient with that prcess and hope like hell someone decides this is the right way to fix what is broken.

i agree with 1 2 and 3

and could live with a new young coach with ties to the state as long as he has a dynamic personality

did someone hack smazza's account?

lol

Ha ha. I agree too Mike. I think most know he is not coming back and would prefer to move on. It seems that most coaches are at their best in a 10 to 12 year window and then fade back. I just like to point out that things were not so back when we were going to the MagicPizzaJack.com bowl like some made it out to be. I had a feeling if we picked the wrong guy that things could get ugly and they have.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

He's gone, he needed to be gone, and I hope to god he never comes back. How many years do you think that it would take him to bring the Bulls back to relevance? I’d say we give him 1 conference game, if we don’t win by 35, then he should be deemed a failure. If he doesn’t win a conference title in his first year, he should be deemed a failure, if he doesn’t win an MNC in his first year; he should be deemed a failure. He won’t need any of his players; as he will be able to turn every single player into a world beater. Right? Skip’s got to go, but this bring Leavitt back ******** is ridiculous!

BTW Frank Kush coached ASU for 21 years. Now that is a clear false equivalence.

^^^ People like this are USF's biggest problem. They simply can't comprehend how Leavitt worked miracles with nothing but declared it was not enough and proceeded to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Not once did I ever say anything about his contribution to the program. If you think that he can/has performed miracles, then we could expect him to win an MNC in his first season back, Right? I don't want to kill the goose. Let's say we did bring him back. What would you consider a sccuess, and how long would you give him to accomplish that?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

21 years in a 100+ year history or 13 years in a 13 year history?

False equivalence? Yes, I guess tenure is different. :eyeroll

When CJL is elected to go into the CFB hall of fame, we can name a stadium after him. In his first 11 years he won 2 conference titles. Yes, false equivalence indeed.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

#Kerwin Bell!

Way to think out of the box.....

Done wonders at "non-scholarship" JU......

Great at 1-AA recruiting. does that translate to 1-a recruiting?

Would be a "value" get

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well the games would be better and the press conferences would be shorter. I miss Leavitt and wish he was still here. Always was and always will be a fan of JL. Doubt it will happen but interesting idea for him to come back.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

He would come back but it will not happen under the current administration. Holtz will be here next year so strap in.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

USF needs someone that can recruit out of their minds. I really don't care if they can coach

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

He would come back but it will not happen under the current administration. Holtz will be here next year so strap in.

Don't you mean "Touch your toes"?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

I would love to have Jimbo back, but in order for that to occur the Shaft, Doug, head legal counsel, and I would imagine the HR Director would need to be gone.