• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip has permanently banished USF to small time football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Any competent coach would have USF in the Big 12 or ACC when the realignment starts up again, and it will.

Has absolutely nothing to do with wins and losses. If it did, then Maryland wouldn't be in the discussion.

You are wrong. WVU found a lifeboat out due to their perceived strength.

And Maryland is strong in football?

Syracuse and Pitt didn't leave for their football prowess.

Its not like there is one thing that gets you into these leagues. You look at the whole body of work. Pitt & Syracuse obviously don't bring football strength, but they bring good basketball and history. We have niether of those. Maryland brings a big market and history.

TCU got into the B12 almost solely on football strength. Sure they had history with the SWC, but they arent a historic school and Texas didnt want them in there before it was necessary.

We were at a crossroads in 2007. #2 in the country, packed houses at ray jay, media loved us. Blew the game against Rutgers, game, then lost 2 more to go completely under. Had we finished off that season, even with 1 loss, and stayed strong, we surely would of been in good position to make a case to the ACC or Big 12. We failed, and compounded that problem by making a horrible coaching hire at the worst possible time.

Really hope we can pull off some magic here, because without Rutgers & UConn (surely that is all but done) and with UL & UC surely ahead of us in line for the B12 (not to mention BYU), its really uphill at this point.

I really think we should make an offer to the B12, that we'll come and take a massive cut in TV revenue. Just request the same as we're getting the BE for a while. Something like that, anything that they'll accept. Badly need out of here.

Hopefully 14 becomes the thing. With 5 14 team conferences we'd surely weasel our way in somewhere.

God this sucks.

It's also my opinion that Woolard should be fired. The Holtz blunder itself is unforgivable, but if he also gets us relegated to a crappier version of the CUSA we were in 9 years ago, it would be a sham if he kept his job.

Edited by DontPushMe

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

did it ever occur to you that it might be where we belong?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

This conversation drives me nuts now a days. I used to be mad 2 years ago when this started happening now "we are who we thought we were!"

Just pathetic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its not like there is one thing that gets you into these leagues. You look at the whole body of work. Pitt & Syracuse obviously don't bring football strength, but they bring good basketball and history. We have niether of those. Maryland brings a big market and history.

That move was all about football and academics, and the ACC wasn't shy about that.

TCU got into the B12 almost solely on football strength. Sure they had history with the SWC, but they arent a historic school and Texas didnt want them in there before it was necessary.

No they got in because they brought the Dallas market. They might not occupy much of it, but with the Big 12 likely losing A&M they needed to keep presence in Texas. Now TCU was coming to the BE because of what they did on the field. The BE needed their results.

We were at a crossroads in 2007. #2 in the country,

What did we finish? We were a headline for one week man.

packed houses at ray jay

For one game. They other didn't sell out, and the large attendance had more to do with the opponent from Orlando...by the end of 2007 you couldn't give away a ticket for our games.

Blew the game against Rutgers, game, then lost 2 more to go completely under. Had we finished off that season, even with 1 loss, and stayed strong, we surely would of been in good position to make a case to the ACC or Big 12.

USF as an academic institution would have probably never given us a shot at the ACC. You going to tell me Pitt and Syracuse have been better the last 5-6 years? When they made the move last year we were ranked and coming off a win at ND.

We failed, and compounded that problem by making a horrible coaching hire at the worst possible time.

It seemed like a great, big time hire at the time. Honestly. It has hasn't worked out. Sometimes that happens.

Really hope we can pull off some magic here, because without Rutgers & UConn (surely that is all but done) and with UL & UC surely ahead of us in line for the B12 (not to mention BYU), its really uphill at this point.

Even if we were still going 8-4, or matching what we did at our peak, we wouldn't be ahead of those schools. They're much more established than us.

It's also my opinion that Woolard should be fired. The Holtz blunder itself is unforgivable, but if he also gets us relegated to a crappier version of the CUSA we were in 9 years ago, it would be a sham if he kept his job.

Again, Holtz had done some good things at a mid-major. There is NOTHING Woolard could have done. Even if we had a couple great years, we'd still have a tough time getting into a big league. Ask Boise State...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

That move was all about football and academics, and the ACC wasn't shy about that.

No they got in because they brought the Dallas market. They might not occupy much of it, but with the Big 12 likely losing A&M they needed to keep presence in Texas. Now TCU was coming to the BE because of what they did on the field. The BE needed their results.

We were at a crossroads in 2007. #2 in the country,

What did we finish? We were a headline for one week man.

packed houses at ray jay

For one game. They other didn't sell out, and the large attendance had more to do with the opponent from Orlando...by the end of 2007 you couldn't give away a ticket for our games.

Blew the game against Rutgers, game, then lost 2 more to go completely under. Had we finished off that season, even with 1 loss, and stayed strong, we surely would of been in good position to make a case to the ACC or Big 12.

USF as an academic institution would have probably never given us a shot at the ACC. You going to tell me Pitt and Syracuse have been better the last 5-6 years? When they made the move last year we were ranked and coming off a win at ND.

We failed, and compounded that problem by making a horrible coaching hire at the worst possible time.

It seemed like a great, big time hire at the time. Honestly. It has hasn't worked out. Sometimes that happens.

Even if we were still going 8-4, or matching what we did at our peak, we wouldn't be ahead of those schools. They're much more established than us.

Again, Holtz had done some good things at a mid-major. There is NOTHING Woolard could have done. Even if we had a couple great years, we'd still have a tough time getting into a big league. Ask Boise State...

Who do you think you are making a reasonable, sane analysis of things? You, sir, should be banished from this land of misguided expectations.

To the others, next time you are in the Sun Dome, look at the wall of "history". I did last night. Really not much there in the way of sports accomplishments. To think we are entitled to go from Div 2 to Div 1 to a major conference in a short amount of time (relatively) with the accomplishments we've had is asinine. A couple of appearances in the NCAA's in basketball, a women's title in the NIT basketball and middle of the pack finishes in the BE, Conf USA in football. That wall shows Fowler Ave as a dirt road in 1956 when the concept of USF was hatched. Rutgers had been playing football for over 60 years by that date and they are just now looking to get an invite to a Big Boy conference and they are in the largest media market in the country. It is all perspective fellas.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

in the grand scheme of things-- some people tend to forget that our school is barely 50 years old (based on when students actually started going here).

that is the blink of an eye to most of these schools that are ahead of us. It is crucial to understand how big a difference that makes in terms of basically everything from alumni base to war chest to reputation to academic standing.

We knew this coming in--- I mean everyone-- anyone who has gone to USF or knows about it understands that we have always been the underdog school. You don't hear recruits talking about our awesome history-- you hear them say they wanted to go somewhere and make a difference.

Perhaps it is a generational thing-- I don't know. I know that things were never just handed to me growing up-- that I had to earn every single step forward. I didn't get participation ribbons but I did win trophies and medals-- but I had to fight for every single one of them. I paid my own way through school-- I didn't have a "college fund"-- god knows I wish I did-- that would have made life a hell of a lot easier.

So my team is sucking ass right now. I can deal with that too. I can be patient and keep the faith just like when my dad lost his company in the late seventies. Things will change at some point. Will we ever be in the elite set of schools who have a stranglehold on playing for the NC? Maybe someday. At this point-- I don't really know what difference it would make with our current team. BUt if we do make it there-- I hope it is because we deserve it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Any competent coach would have USF in the Big 12 or ACC when the realignment starts up again, and it will.

Skip has destroyed USF football/relegated it permanently to the small time.

All the other teams will find lifeboats out of the Big Least. Cincy, UConn, Rutgers, Louisville, you name it. Any team with a pulse.

Skip has destroyed USF football for the next 5-10 years MINIMUM.

USF will be LUCKY to hold together a patchwork Big Least with a collection of Tulane's, Army's and the like.

USF will become a lower level Sun Belch type program, permanently banished to second class citizen status.

A good coach would have had USF finding a lifeboat out of this mess.

What a debacle. The worst coaching job in history. What a great time for USF to go into the toilet.

THANKS SKIP FOR PERMANENTLY BANNING USF TO SMALL TIME FOOTBALL.

usf can be a top 10 team in 2 years if we had the right coach and he can recruit florida and keep local kids home

lane kiffin might be looking for a job

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

If Kiffin would settle for 1.5 mil for the first year i'd take him. Only coaches that prove their worth here first should make more. Throwing money at unproven comodities is worse than losing.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

All the other teams will find lifeboats out of the Big Least. Cincy, UConn, Rutgers, Louisville, you name it. Any team with a pulse.

USF will be LUCKY to hold together a patchwork Big Least with a collection of Tulane's, Army's and the like.

USF will become a lower level Sun Belch type program, permanently banished to second class citizen status.

What a debacle. The worst coaching job in history. What a great time for USF to go into the toilet.

usf can be a top 10 team in 2 years if we had the right coach and he can recruit florida and keep local kids home

That's funny...you seriously think Lane Kiffin would take a job at USF....hahahahahahahaha!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Lane Kiffin is at a school with a he!! of a lot more history than USF and can't produce a Top 10 team. So whyTF do you think he could do it at USF?