• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip has permanently banished USF to small time football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Personally, I miss small-time football. I enjoyed it more in the days when played the Georgia Southern in dog fights and it was more about the game than just about money.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Personally, I miss small-time football. I enjoyed it more in the days when played the Georgia Southern in dog fights and it was more about the game than just about money.

I'd like to see this program heading in the right direction, away from "small ball"

You can get your fill of FL small ball from FAU and FIU

just in case you guys need a visual:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/58/year/2011/south-florida-bulls

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/58/south-florida-bulls

All those RED L's? That means BAD.

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

^^^as a member of the younger generation I have a hard time having patience while Holtz ruins our program. I don't expect to play for a nc, but it would be nice to know my school won't tolerate poor coaching. The damage holtz is causing now will cost more in the long run then his buyout.

If I were to make a case for Holtz, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be fired, I would be point to some of the young talent that he has brought in. All of the seniors are Leavitt's guys and you could argue that the juniors are since he really didn't recruit them, just signed them. The next time George Baker, a senior, defends a pass will be the first time. The young offensive linemen show promise. Young WRs as well. QB position is weak and if Asiantii bolts for NC we are in deep crap for the foreseeable future. Holtz' time management is poor. Like I said, I'm not saying he shouldn't be fired. But if they give him one more year I could live with that. Cosh has to go in any case.

Holtz has had PLENTY of time to turns things in the direction he wants them to go. To blame this on the remaining Leavitt players is ridiculous. The guy just can't get the job done. We are currently 3 and 7...the season before that? 5-7. As of right now, we are 8-14 in the last two years. Probably 8-16 at the end of this season. Don't even get me started on in-conference play.

we are getting worse as Leavitt's players move on. it's one thing if say we bottomed out in Holtz's first year and then gradually got better as his recruits came in but he was at his best when the roster consisted of Leavitt players only.