• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs FGCU NCAA soccer game on Thursday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It was FREEZING out there. That wind made it feel like it was 20 degrees! Thank God for concession stand Starbucks! Got hooked up with some mid-field tickets after getting our general admission tickets (very cool).

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Here's some stats.

- Tonight's game was USF's 30th NCAA tournament game, and its 17th appearance in the tournament. USF's record is 11-14-5.

- USF has gone to OT in its last 4 NCAA tournament games.

- Tonight was the 5th time that USF has gone to PKs in the NCAA tournament. USF has won the last 3, all of which were in Tampa.

- Excluding the 1990 & 1991 College Cup, USF has hosted 10 NCAA tournament games. USF has a record of 6-1-3 in those games. In all three ties, USF advanced on PKs.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Great game! Can't wait to bring some noise on Sunday!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Goalmouths were awesome as usual... and it was a great game. I almost knew it was over for FGCU when we went to penalty kicks... Did everyone hear the woman yell p**sy at during a USF penalty kick? FGCU has a classy fan base lol

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Goalmouths were awesome as usual... and it was a great game. I almost knew it was over for FGCU when we went to penalty kicks... Did everyone hear the woman yell p**sy at during a USF penalty kick? FGCU has a classy fan base lol

Or the classy FGCU player who did the jerkoff motion towards the Goalmouths after he made his kick. Then he and his girl in the stands got pissy when he got called out afterwards.

When it comes to soccer, there is no love lost between USF, FGCU, and UCF. They are the best programs in the state and they don't like each other much.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

great game, the wind and mist didn't make for a comfortable evening, so I'm glad the team made it worth it coming up big on PKs.. looking forward to Sunday! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Video for those who couldn't attend

I give TheBullsPen a nice shoutout 0:16 into that video :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Or the classy FGCU player who did the jerkoff motion towards the Goalmouths after he made his kick. Then he and his girl in the stands got pissy when he got called out afterwards.

When it comes to soccer, there is no love lost between USF, FGCU, and UCF. They are the best programs in the state and they don't like each other much.

I like how they don't even bother to shake hands at the end of the game LOL

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Eh, after PKs, teams usually aren't mingling with each other anyways.

Was a decent game. USF was on the offensive in the first half, and it looked like FGCU flipped the script in the 2nd half. Both teams had some close calls/missed opportunities throughout the game and each had a clincher that was missed in the OT periods.

Other than a few small gusts in the 2nd half, it wasn't that cold in jeans and a hoodie, though i saw tons of people in shorts and thin jersey shirts.

I hadn't been to a futbol game at Corbett yet, so I was chuckling at the goalmouth guys, they had some interesting chants. someone at USF needs to appoint them as the spirit committee or something, and let them hold rallies to teach chants to people for football/soccer/basketball. some of their chants aren't super family friendly, but they have the routine down to knowing how to do things right.