• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football: How do you see it playing out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Holtz is going to be here for at least one more year. USF isn't the Lakers. Imagine a DW presser where he steps up to the mic and says, "The bottom line is that the team is not winning at the pace that we expected this team to win and we didn't see improvement."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

After reading this thread I am depressed.

Concur

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz is going to be here for at least one more year. USF isn't the Lakers. Imagine a DW presser where he steps up to the mic and says, "The bottom line is that the team is not winning at the pace that we expected this team to win and we didn't see improvement."

Or "This really sucks ! I thought I made a good hire with Skip but not so much now"

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I agree this is a depressing thread.

Holtz will be here next year with Cosh and some of the defensive assistants let go as the scapegoats.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Now would be a good time to just embrace the fact, like it or not, that CSH will finish the season and will be around for - at minimum - one more. I'm not saying you can't fantasize about it, if it makes you feel better, but it ain't happening (no matter how many stars you wish upon). If USF were an SEC school? Of course...BUT IT AINT . It's a fifteen year old program that is no longer going to enjoy the luxury of 'in-with-the-in-crowd' membership. Look, the nuevo Big East is a glorified CUSA and that's where we're going to be. There will be no invite to the Big [X] conference. A step backwards? Yeah, and a lot of that had to do with being in the Big East to begin with. Truthfully, I don't think we were ever as good as we thought we were...we believed we were better than our record showed. We thought, rightly or wrongly, that we deserved to sit at the big people's table. It was better than CUSA, Now...well, hard to tell the two apart. We'll spend the next decade or so playing our eight conference foes, going to the Beef O'Belks Auto Compass bowl. And at the end of next season, depending on what happens on the field (and all it takes is six wins, right, to be bowl eligible?) CSH may be still camped out on Fowler Avenue.

Yep. +1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Now would be a good time to just embrace the fact, like it or not, that CSH will finish the season and will be around for - at minimum - one more. I'm not saying you can't fantasize about it, if it makes you feel better, but it ain't happening (no matter how many stars you wish upon). If USF were an SEC school? Of course...BUT IT AINT . It's a fifteen year old program that is no longer going to enjoy the luxury of 'in-with-the-in-crowd' membership. Look, the nuevo Big East is a glorified CUSA and that's where we're going to be. There will be no invite to the Big [X] conference. A step backwards? Yeah, and a lot of that had to do with being in the Big East to begin with. Truthfully, I don't think we were ever as good as we thought we were...we believed we were better than our record showed. We thought, rightly or wrongly, that we deserved to sit at the big people's table. It was better than CUSA, Now...well, hard to tell the two apart. We'll spend the next decade or so playing our eight conference foes, going to the Beef O'Belks Auto Compass bowl. And at the end of next season, depending on what happens on the field (and all it takes is six wins, right, to be bowl eligible?) CSH may be still camped out on Fowler Avenue.

Unfortunately, your analysis will be like a hard, cold rain when it transpires. I think you may be spot-on in calling this one, Wooly.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

In the future, we go to bowl games?!? So you're saying we DO fire Holtz one day?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Wow...that's just depressing. If I'm ever on a ledge and you want me to jump...just read that aloud to me.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

can we put a coach on layaway in the mean time?