• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football: How do you see it playing out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

Frankly, I just can't accept the fact that we are moving backwards. I think in the last three years we have regressed at least five years, some of it couldn't be helped with the realignments.

But we could do so much to help ourselves by not stinking it up on the field.

I mean, c'mon, we barely beat UCONN at home. And the odds of us going to a bowl game are almost zilch. Making a bowl is nothing special, more like a benchmark for being so-so in college football, given how many bowls there are every year.

1) USF does nothing. The same coaching staff stays. I think this is a major mistake. Next year is going to be average at best. You're talking about a new and young QB taking charge. Plus, we lose so many starters. Only in fantasy land do you say it's going to be a stellar year.

The biggest downfall will be this: Fan support and national attention will drop even more. All of that will equate to dwindling dollars to support the program. When the money goes, you've got major problems.

2) USF bites the bullet and cleans house and reinvests in the future. USF has never done this, ever. But this is the only economically viable move, before it's too late. This ship is not going to sail any faster than right now, not with the current captain and crew.

What's going to happen?

Let me ask you this, if USF were West Virginia, Louisville, or Pitt, would the school keep the same coaching staff going into next year? You know that neither of those schools would sit tight and wait.

And if USF were an SEC school, heck, we'd probably have an interim coaching staff right now.

My biggest fear is that USF is going to just stumble along and revert back even further. And then we'll have no money to do anything. Think about it. Where will USF be in two years when nothing has changed, just the same old stuff for two more years? --Oh, and what about when UCF beats us? It's going to happen without changes!

If there were a scandal, USF would act. Sure. But not when football is bleeding from the neck! I would be shocked if USF did anything.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Now would be a good time to just embrace the fact, like it or not, that CSH will finish the season and will be around for - at minimum - one more. I'm not saying you can't fantasize about it, if it makes you feel better, but it ain't happening (no matter how many stars you wish upon). If USF were an SEC school? Of course...BUT IT AINT . It's a fifteen year old program that is no longer going to enjoy the luxury of 'in-with-the-in-crowd' membership. Look, the nuevo Big East is a glorified CUSA and that's where we're going to be. There will be no invite to the Big [X] conference. A step backwards? Yeah, and a lot of that had to do with being in the Big East to begin with. Truthfully, I don't think we were ever as good as we thought we were...we believed we were better than our record showed. We thought, rightly or wrongly, that we deserved to sit at the big people's table. It was better than CUSA, Now...well, hard to tell the two apart. We'll spend the next decade or so playing our eight conference foes, going to the Beef O'Belks Auto Compass bowl. And at the end of next season, depending on what happens on the field (and all it takes is six wins, right, to be bowl eligible?) CSH may be still camped out on Fowler Avenue.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Auburn has not fired Gene Chizik yet. Soooooo all that SEC talk can go out the window atleast for now. I'm pretty sure they are close to firing him but havent yet. But again we are talking about a team that has one a championship in the past 4 years and have way higher expectations.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Now would be a good time to just embrace the fact, like it or not, that CSH will finish the season and will be around for - at minimum - one more. I'm not saying you can't fantasize about it, if it makes you feel better, but it ain't happening (no matter how many stars you wish upon). If USF were an SEC school? Of course...BUT IT AINT . It's a fifteen year old program that is no longer going to enjoy the luxury of 'in-with-the-in-crowd' membership. Look, the nuevo Big East is a glorified CUSA and that's where we're going to be. There will be no invite to the Big [X] conference. A step backwards? Yeah, and a lot of that had to do with being in the Big East to begin with. Truthfully, I don't think we were ever as good as we thought we were...we believed we were better than our record showed. We thought, rightly or wrongly, that we deserved to sit at the big people's table. It was better than CUSA, Now...well, hard to tell the two apart. We'll spend the next decade or so playing our eight conference foes, going to the Beef O'Belks Auto Compass bowl. And at the end of next season, depending on what happens on the field (and all it takes is six wins, right, to be bowl eligible?) CSH may be still camped out on Fowler Avenue.

I don't think even most SEC teams jettison a coach after a 17 game run that we've had. A lot of losses, yes, but no numerous embarrassing blowouts ...

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Nothing happens

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Auburn has not fired Gene Chizik yet. Soooooo all that SEC talk can go out the window atleast for now. I'm pretty sure they are close to firing him but havent yet. But again we are talking about a team that has one a championship in the past 4 years and have way higher expectations.

Crap, did I sleep thru Skip's national championship? Because, there's a small chance that Chizik earned a little good faith with a ring... I'm just saying.

If we lose out, I think Skip is done... 1 win, 50/50, 2-3 wins and he stays.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Great discussion

I think we are stuck with skippy

I wonder how this plays out with a woolard?

we need a lb badly.........

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they will not fire him

hewon a national championship not to long ago

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

depends on how usf does on it's rivalry game

holtz needs to go