• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good, Bad, Ugly vs Eckerd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Pretty much everything has been covered already but a few additions ... Omo is a huge project and I'm hoping his mobility is still being affected by his injury .... Brock did a good job filling in for AC but looked gassed as hell at times which, after listening to post game, was probably attributed to a bug he had ... which could have affected his free throws, too. They were brutal .... Not sure if Shaun will hold on to starting job because of his defense but he was definitely more aggressive on offense attacking the basket ... we're going to miss Anderson's intangibles AND tangibles .... could be an ugly ooc until everything, everybody starts to mesh, which they will do hopefully. I don't know how experienced the whole UCF team is but it could be a ****** opening of the "new" dome on the court, as well as in the stands.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The best of teams have close wins and the occasionally loss to an exhibition opponent. I keep reading that people expect to see the same defense this season as they did last season. That's not going to happen. This team just has a different makeup and even if Austin was here the defense would not be like last season's. Heath has always had good defensive teams so I'm not not going worry about that. What I hope Stan does do is extend his defense to pressure teams into more turnovers. We are not going to be a dominant rebounding team, so we need to win the turnover battle as much as possible. If we have to keep all 5 guys in to rebound then that takes away the advantage of speed and quickness that USF will have in their favor most nights. If Heath does that then it will be a big mistake imo.

Noriega has always been a great practice player which is why the coaching staff keeps giving him chances every season. Unfortunately he often times disappears when the real lights come on. He'll get a couple of games to try and prove this is the year, but if he doesn't produce then the bench is where he will stay. Aleem is the starter at the SG spot once he gets healthy enough to play and will be a handful for every team USF goes up against. I expect this team to be NCAAT bound again once all players are healthy and the chemistry develops. We do have an almost entire new team.

you're not pulling the wool over my eyes. Rebounding still matters in college and we have no bonafide borders on this squad. Very deep at the 2 and 3. Shallow at the 4 and 5. Not having Austin is gonna hurt until this team proves that wrong.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Since I don't follow recruiting much, is Hawkins supposed to have a good outside shot? Looked like he excelled at driving to the basket and pulling up. But he had 1 wide open look at a 3 that he really hesitated on and didn't come close after finally pulling the trigger. So just wondering if that is or isn't a big part of his game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Since I don't follow recruiting much, is Hawkins supposed to have a good outside shot? Looked like he excelled at driving to the basket and pulling up. But he had 1 wide open look at a 3 that he really hesitated on and didn't come close after finally pulling the trigger. So just wondering if that is or isn't a big part of his game.

He's supposed to be a solid 2 with a good perimeter game. All the jump shooting looked off last night for some reason.

So does this mean not to expect much from men's BB this season?

RAJ was such a huge part of last year, on and off the court, there's just a bit of an unknown as to how the team adjusts.

He's supposed to be a solid 2 with a good perimeter game. All the jump shooting looked off last night for some reason.

3 words - Indian Burial Ground. Remember - our best season was off campus.

3 words - Indian Burial Ground. Remember - our best season was off campus.

I honestly would feel better if they had brought the court from the Forum back with them ...

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

The Club Lounge was nice and the buffet pretty good, but it'l get crowded up there during significant games.

The loge "suites" are pretty spartan, but the view was nice.

Going to a restroom where the sinks all worked and it didn't have that funky corner urinal stall that no one could into was pleasent.

Walking around the inside of the dome without feeling like cattle in a stockyard chute was pretty good.

The game, not so much. At least it was an exhibition.

The Club Lounge was nice and the buffet pretty good, but it'l get crowded up there during significant games.

The loge "suites" are pretty spartan, but the view was nice.

Going to a restroom where the sinks all worked and it didn't have that funky corner urinal stall that no one could into was pleasent.

Walking around the inside of the dome without feeling like cattle in a stockyard chute was pretty good.

The game, not so much. At least it was an exhibition.

Is the club buffet a one price thing? I was led to believe that it would be some "different" food than regular concession stands but all a la carte pricing.