• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn attendance 11.03.12

Turnstyle Attendance for UConn game  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Here's a stadium pic during the pre-game show. Student section is on the far left:

3eedaa5c260911e28dc022000a1f8c21_7.jpg

For comparison, the Vandy/UK game.

ukvandy12.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

BRUTAL

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I say we have just as much in common with those schools.

We are a bowling school, until 'ol Skippy broke our streak we consistently went to a bowl game.

Our BB program is on the rise.

Tampa is a prime location.

Our other sports consistently do well.

We have the 8th largest university.

I'd say we'd be on par with the middle of the pack "Big 5" opponent.

What were you looking for? A national title? A final four appearance?

Brand name homie. Unfortunately, the odds are stacked against us from the get-go. Our sports our under a lot of pressure to perform at an elite level YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT. We cant really afford crappy seasons. Conference heads can see the big picture as much as anyone else, but like I said, we need to give a glimpse into the big picture to these guys, unlike some other schools that have been around for longer. Not saying we need national titles by any means. We also need other aspects of our school to improve, again, to give that bigger picture.

The reality is, we are playing catch up with the Big 3, as well as most schools in these "Big 5" conferences. Our academics need to improve(they have been), our campus needs to improve(it has been), our attendance at sporting events and all around campus events needs to improve(I think overall it has, but a lot is dependent on performance), our interest to the TB area needs to improve(I think it has been, no real numbers here to go off of), and we just need to combine all of the above into a brand name. When you mention USF to someone who isnt from Tampa or at least isnt an alum or fan, what do they think of? What is the first thing people think of when they hear USF? Until that thought is something like "oh yeah their football/basketball/soccer/etc program is great!" or "Their football isnt very good but their basketball is really fun to watch(think Kentucky or Syracuse)" or "I wish their football team was better, but their academics is great and I/my son/my daughter/my grandson/etc is going there next fall", etc you get the point, we will remain outside of the Big 5 conversation. It will take a few more years at least. Lets just hope it isnt too late by then.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Today it sucks to be a Bulls fan. I have zero interest in this game, but these pesky season tickets that I already paid for. So I will go and miss all the good primetime games again... Maybe there will be more helmet throwing cursing meltdown awkwardness to witness? It's kind of like watching a trashy reality show or a slow trainwreck.

Our house is starting to get that home crowd mystique. I think we need a nickname like The Library, or The Mausoleum. Oh snap, what's going to happen when UCONN has to go into The Library @ Raymond James?

That is Hill Liar Re US

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so sad what usf football has become

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Crowd was actually larger and louder than I had expected for battle for the Big East bottom. I gave out about a dozen tickets, so I keep trying.

Ought to have a huge and raucous crowd at Miami, huh?