• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't expect any changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Bottom line is;

this TEAM is 2-6 and don't have a snowballs chance in hades to win 4 games this year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

sad that we still haven't heard the news that Cosh is fired.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

sad that we still haven't heard the news that Cosh is fired.

QFT

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz has plenty of coaches that have moved on to bigger and better things...

Dawsey to FSU, Snyder to A&M, McCarney to UF, McGoeghan to the Fins.

dawsey didn't coah for holtz. mccarney didn't either. snyder was under holtz for 2 years. mcgoeghn was hired by leavitt and was here for 2 years under holtz. BTW he was the one who signed Price,Bivins and Whitehurst

So, Synder was the only guy Holtz brought in.

Two never even coached under Holtz for a second. The last was a holdover and grossly underpaid so he left.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You went from the seniors not contributing and being tackling dummies to the seniors not being very good or not special

Move the goal posts much? Those same seniors who are not very good are not being beaten out by the younger players.

and he comes to that conclusion by naming 4 of them as solid and 2 as very good. and that didn't include lindsey lamar and bj daniels.

Saying 6 out of 26 are solid/very good isnt exactly a raving review.

it's actually 8 if you include lamar and daniels. you may not think of daniels as much but he is a top 25 qb as far as total yards and scoring is concerned. losing 8 solid contributors at very important positions is going to hurt. best RB. QB. FG kicker. punter. left tackle (until genius coach moved him). both corners. LBs.

I've never said that every senior is a bum. I've consistently said that everyone who keeps talking about this senior-laden team is wrong. This isnt a team full of seniors who are contributors are all over the field. The playmakers on this team are the freshmen and sophomores...the guys Holtz have recruited.

what playmakers? andre davis. anyone else I'm not thinking of?

to be clear that would be the same Andre Davis that walked off the field on Saturday talking about how he has had enough, correct?

I don't mind young guys showing frustration. it's human especially if he is a true competitor.

I just want a list of all these freshman and sophomore playmakes that are making such great contributions to the team.

Eric Lee - 6 tackles in his first start Saturday.

D'Vario Montgomery - Looking a lot like Andre Davis did last season at this point.

Tayshaun Whitehurst, Zach Bullock - Pushing seniors for starting time.

James Hamilton, Elkino Watson Todd Chandler - All playing signifigant minutes at DT

Quinterrious Eatmon - Freshman All American. Starter.

Austin Reiter - Starter. Not great. But a sophomore starter.

Thor Jozwiak - Freshman. Broke into starting lineup this week. How'd the running game look this week?

Brynjar Gudmundsson - Playing because Popek was hurt last week. Again, How'd the running game look this week?

Darrell Williams - Starter.

Sean Price - Outplaying every other TE.

There are 13 freshman and sophomores that are all starters/ major contributors to this squad. Seems like a lot considering this is such a senior-laden team.

Those in bold show stud potential

Those in large print - If Edwards is #76, I'm still waiting for him to block a defensive end.

Reiter - No bueno

Others I don't know who they are