• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

You all might burn me in effigy for this one, but I've got one thing that I'm going to put on B.J. in this game.

NO doubt all of you recall the fumble in the third quarter that led to the Syracuse touchdown to put them up 24-23. I looked at that hand off-the RB didn't have control of the ball at any point during the exchange. That one may well have been partly on B.J.

Aside for that, he played a very competent game and worked to put the team in winning position repeatedly-which is about what you want from a senior QB. I don't think I can understate his ability in the fourth quarter.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BJ did great. The usual suspects are to blame. **cough defense **cough

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

NO doubt all of you recall the fumble in the third quarter that led to the Syracuse touchdown to put them up 24-23. I looked at that hand off-the RB didn't have control of the ball at any point during the exchange. That one may well have been partly on B.J.

Doesn't matter, we scored a TD and a FG after that, so that mishap was virtually erased. Still not enough to indict BJ for this game.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

BJ had a decent game. Was very effective on his legs, even had some decent throws. He had his usual let floaters, bounce passes, and what not... but he played with passion (as he always does) and protected the football. Most importantly he was effective for an entire game. This loss was almost entirely on the defense.

But really we are 2-6, so who cares. Just sit back and enjoy it. We need a new pick-em contest where we try and predict the most asinine way the bulls can manage to loose a football game. Blowing a 20 point lead in ~10 minutes followed by calling a timeout with a few seconds left to let the oppostion punch it in on you... yeah not sure anyone would have called that one!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

BJ is the best player on the field most nights. Almost none of this season is on him.

Hell, replace Grothe with BJ during one of those "Great" seasons and we win the Big East. BJ is playing his freaking heart out.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

BJ is the best player on the field most nights. Almost none of this season is on him.

Hell, replace Grothe with BJ during one of those "Great" seasons and we win the Big East. BJ is playing his freaking heart out.

Now that might be a tremendous exaggeration BJ is more effective on his feet than Matt was, but is a much worse passer. BJ has difficulty with any kind of touch pass (screens, bubble screens, even safety valve throws). He also tends to make very poor decisions. Matt did too from time to time, kind of the nature of being that type of evasive QB. BJ isn't the right QB for the kind of offense Skip is trying to run. For BJ to be effective you have to build an entire offense around him and commit to recruiting players that support that approach.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

If we have D, we could score 40 or 50+ points.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

BJ IS our team. Without him I doubt we would have won 1/2 the games we have in the last 3 years. I feel bad for the kid, he deserved a better program than this.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

BJ IS our team. Without him I doubt we would have won 1/2 the games we have in the last 3 years. I feel bad for the kid, he deserved a better program than this.

this. He deserves better. I saw him trying to pump up the crowd in the 4th when we were trying to stop Syracuse and Ryan Heisman.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217

BJ had a decent game. Was very effective on his legs, even had some decent throws. He had his usual let floaters, bounce passes, and what not... but he played with passion (as he always does) and protected the football. Most importantly he was effective for an entire game. This loss was almost entirely on the defense.

But really we are 2-6, so who cares. Just sit back and enjoy it. We need a new pick-em contest where we try and predict the most asinine way the bulls can manage to loose a football game. Blowing a 20 point lead in ~10 minutes followed by calling a timeout with a few seconds left to let the oppostion punch it in on you... yeah not sure anyone would have called that one!

+1 It was such a bonehead move to call that TO. I'm sure Skip we'll say "We had a personnel issue," but even so, IF the Bulls were penalized, Cuse would move the ball up 1/2 yard and it would be virtually the same conditions except they are under the gun.