• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The most telling part of Skippy's ineptness

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone notice that it looked like the refs were going to throw a flag had Skip not called a time out?

I may be wrong, but it sure looked to me that not a single member of Syracuse was set before they snapped the ball. When the whistles blew I was jumping up and down ecstatic, Syracuse coaches started freaking out, then they quieted down real quick.

Frustrating isn't it 94. We are on the same page there. Has he not recoginzed over two seasons that our defense is not at its best at the end of games ?

tough to say who the flag was on. seemed like a dead ball penalty. motion? formation perhaps? maybe on us for illegal substitution? there is no way you should call a timeout in that situation to let offense get set though. even if they had scored on the sneak it's still stupid to give them time to set up a play.

oh and to me the worst was when he coached not to lose. go for the 1st down and we can kneel 3 times and leave no time. I get running on 1st and 2nd downs but on 3rd and 9 you need to go for first down. first down guarantees a win. he likes to settle for Fgs when we get within 50 yards. he did it against temple too. even if we make them we leave them plenty of time to come down and score. he coaches "not to lose" instead of to win.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How about the USF radio color commentator ripping the defense a new one for the last 90 seconds.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

How about the USF radio color commentator ripping the defense a new one for the last 90 seconds.

Are you talking about the BullsRadio broadcast? They were furious. I have a show on BullsRadio and I've been talking with all the sportscasters there throughout the season, and they are just furious with where this team is going. But last night, they really opened up after that loss.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Are you talking about the BullsRadio broadcast? They were furious. I have a show on BullsRadio and I've been talking with all the sportscasters there throughout the season, and they are just furious with where this team is going. But last night, they really opened up after that loss.

Belief last name is Robinson. He played @ PSU and in the pros. Opened up a can during the game, then in the post game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

Belief last name is Robinson. He played @ PSU and in the pros. Opened up a can during the game, then in the post game.

Mark Robinson ... played for the Bucs .... a db so you can understand why he opened the can.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

Did anyone notice that it looked like the refs were going to throw a flag had Skip not called a time out?

I may be wrong, but it sure looked to me that not a single member of Syracuse was set before they snapped the ball. When the whistles blew I was jumping up and down ecstatic, Syracuse coaches started freaking out, then they quieted down real quick.

tough to say who the flag was on. seemed like a dead ball penalty. motion? formation perhaps? maybe on us for illegal substitution? there is no way you should call a timeout in that situation to let offense get set though. even if they had scored on the sneak it's still stupid to give them time to set up a play.

oh and to me the worst was when he coached not to lose. go for the 1st down and we can kneel 3 times and leave no time. I get running on 1st and 2nd downs but on 3rd and 9 you need to go for first down. first down guarantees a win. he likes to settle for Fgs when we get within 50 yards. he did it against temple too. even if we make them we leave them plenty of time to come down and score. he coaches "not to lose" instead of to win.

Flag was going to be an illegal substitution. I sit at about the 10 yd line on that side of the field on the USF sideline, and Luke Sager was trying to run onto the field to get in the next play. Cuse decided to go with the hurry up, and we were forced to call a timeout because our coaches weren't prepared for such a scenario. But it's not stupid to call a timeout there if there is a penalty on the play. If they don't score what are you going to do? Take the penalty and allow them to move a bit closer and try again? I'd rather have our guys take a breather and at least get a chance to get a play call in...

Edited by usfsig

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Obviously he was listening to the ref that was talking to him, the guy in the black hat with stripes that was to the left. And if he didn't call a time out, it would have been a TD, the flag was on USF for a substitution. Again, Skip didn't turn over the ball or miss his passing coverage assignment. He also didn't not call a block in the back when that second TD was run in.

So...According to you, slick...Nothing is Skip's fault.

Let me guess...You're going to vote for Obama...again.

You're a F'n idiot, he didn't say anything remotely like that. mad cow this way ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Flag was going to be an illegal substitution. I sit at about the 10 yd line on that side of the field on the USF sideline, and Luke Sager was trying to run onto the field to get in the next play. Cuse decided to go with the hurry up, and we were forced to call a timeout because our coaches weren't prepared for such a scenario. But it's not stupid to call a timeout there if there is a penalty on the play. If they don't score what are you going to do? Take the penalty and allow them to move a bit closer and try again? I'd rather have our guys take a breather and at least get a chance to get a play call in...

you give the offense a chance to get a breather and get a play call in. they were the ones running out of time.

not sure what you mean about taking a penalty. the game would have been over if it were an offensive penalty. if it were a defensive penalty then they get half the distance and then they set the ball and start the clock. penalty yardage doesn't hurt us. stopping the clock helped them. they were able to get a play called, get the correct personnel in and were able to catch their breath. calling timeout in either scenario is dumb.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

you give the offense a chance to get a breather and get a play call in. they were the ones running out of time.

not sure what you mean about taking a penalty. the game would have been over if it were an offensive penalty. if it were a defensive penalty then they get half the distance and then they set the ball and start the clock. penalty yardage doesn't hurt us. stopping the clock helped them. they were able to get a play called, get the correct personnel in and were able to catch their breath. calling timeout in either scenario is dumb.

Yes i'm aware if it were offensive game would be over. It was a defensive penalty though aren't the options, defense can call a timeout to avoid the penalty if any are left, or offense can take the half the distance and have the option to have the clock start when the ball is snapped instead of when it is set. So either way, they would've had plenty of time to get their play in?

Edited by usfsig

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yes i'm aware if it were offensive game would be over. It was a defensive penalty though aren't the options, defense can call a timeout to avoid the penalty if any are left, or offense can take the half the distance and have the option to have the clock start when the ball is snapped instead of when it is set. So either way, they would've had plenty of time to get their play in?

no on a defensive penalty in that situation,once the ball is set then the clock runs, I believe. they might have been able to get new personnel and new play call in but it would be rushed. we essentially gave them a timeout to consider play call and get personnel in. the penalty would not have hurt us as much as i believe the timeout helped them.