• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The most telling part of Skippy's ineptness

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

slick ... are you really going to defend Holtz and/or the coaching at this point? How much worse does it need to get for you?

I am not going to call out supid ass crap to bash the guy, no. He obviously was listening to the official, the man next to his right ear whose mouth was moving. I mean come on. If any coach looked like a jerk, it was the one on the other sideline whining and saying F that, as he mooped up and down the field.

So the coach that looked like a jerk would the winning coach?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Obviously he was listening to the ref that was talking to him, the guy in the black hat with stripes that was to the left. And if he didn't call a time out, it would have been a TD, the flag was on USF for a substitution. Again, Skip didn't turn over the ball or miss his passing coverage assignment. He also didn't not call a block in the back when that second TD was run in.

Like much of the other issues with this team it is complete lack of discipline and coaching. We look like we never practice. Under that situation, in that time crunch, the advantage is always to the defense. We can't change personal, whoever dreamed of trying to substitute there should be fired! The offense couldn't change personal either -- you go small on small and make them try and rush a snap. There is really only one play they can run there - QB dive. There isn't time to lineup and coordinate anything else. So you are correct -- after he failed to adequately prepare his team to do the right thing in this situation, he made the best of two awful choices by calling the timeout! But ultimately demonstrated he is completely inept as a head coach because none of his players had any idea how to react.

I am not huge on bashing Skip and you are correct, he didn't turnover the ball, miss countless blocks, or play 3 yards off all night (though perhaps he should coach better). But Skip is making it hard to even articulate a defense for him. Kicking the PAT when down by 5 at UL, now calling time out... just unfathomable.

The defense DID line up for a goal line stance during the no huddle. And we weren't on the sidelines so we don't know what happened. I'd like to hear what happened. Who sent in a sub? Was a sub sent in on purpose to stop the clock? Because USF did spend their last time out and then got it back, did someone miss that and want to stop the clock to make sure everyone was on board? Only those on the sidelines know. I'd like to hear what happened before calling someone inept.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

slick ... are you really going to defend Holtz and/or the coaching at this point? How much worse does it need to get for you?

I am not going to call out supid ass crap to bash the guy, no. He obviously was listening to the official, the man next to his right ear whose mouth was moving. I mean come on. If any coach looked like a jerk, it was the one on the other sideline whining and saying F that, as he mooped up and down the field.

In my book he did. Didn't he to you? He spent more time talking to the refs the second half than to his team. The rest of the time he was ******** and moaning.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

Did anyone notice that it looked like the refs were going to throw a flag had Skip not called a time out?

I may be wrong, but it sure looked to me that not a single member of Syracuse was set before they snapped the ball. When the whistles blew I was jumping up and down ecstatic, Syracuse coaches started freaking out, then they quieted down real quick.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

Obviously he was listening to the ref that was talking to him, the guy in the black hat with stripes that was to the left. And if he didn't call a time out, it would have been a TD, the flag was on USF for a substitution. Again, Skip didn't turn over the ball or miss his passing coverage assignment. He also didn't not call a block in the back when that second TD was run in.

It is Skip's job to coach the players so they do not miss assignments or turn the ball over.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Did anyone notice that it looked like the refs were going to throw a flag had Skip not called a time out?

I may be wrong, but it sure looked to me that not a single member of Syracuse was set before they snapped the ball. When the whistles blew I was jumping up and down ecstatic, Syracuse coaches started freaking out, then they quieted down real quick.

tough to say who the flag was on. seemed like a dead ball penalty. motion? formation perhaps? maybe on us for illegal substitution? there is no way you should call a timeout in that situation to let offense get set though. even if they had scored on the sneak it's still stupid to give them time to set up a play.

oh and to me the worst was when he coached not to lose. go for the 1st down and we can kneel 3 times and leave no time. I get running on 1st and 2nd downs but on 3rd and 9 you need to go for first down. first down guarantees a win. he likes to settle for Fgs when we get within 50 yards. he did it against temple too. even if we make them we leave them plenty of time to come down and score. he coaches "not to lose" instead of to win.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

So...According to you, slick...Nothing is Skip's fault.

Let me guess...You're going to vote for Obama...again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

In my book he did. Didn't he to you? He spent more time talking to the refs the second half than to his team. The rest of the time he was ******** and moaning.

He won! I'd rather have our crazy looking head butting winning coach than the calm, confused guy we have now!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,070
  • Days Won:  38

Maybe it was allowing this offense to go out on the field on 4th and 9 right before the half...he looked completely surprised. BJ had to point it out

couldn't believe that.

also he settled for a FG again. same as he did against temple. go for the first dwon and you can run out clock. settle for FG and leave them 1:30 to drive for game winner. wasn't even a chip shot. at least pretend to coach to win the game.

What a putz. You knew they were pulling up for a field goal there while everyone else in the crowd knew that you had to go for the TD. By the way, what if they miss the field goal? It was kind of windy that night. Luckily Bonani is awesome, but I just knew Cuse was going to at least get down in scoring position quickly. I was thinking we should have let them score with 55 seconds left on the clock and then try to kick a FG to win. See the crazy stuff that USF makes me consider?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

So...According to you, slick...Nothing is Skip's fault.

Let me guess...You're going to vote for Obama...again.

I am - I voted three times for him the first time. :)