• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Phone Call from Stan Heath today

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

What does it say about the fan base that the head coach has to personally call to get people to buy tickets?

I'm sure Heath isn't the only head coach in college basketball, or athletics for that matter, that does something like this. This kind of thing would be good for any fan base.

FSU players called some of ticket holders - http://www.seminoles.../053112aac.html

not 1st time, but good idea to implement and continue doing

We did the same thing back a few years ago ... I remember because my homeboy, same high school, Delbert, was the one who called me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Tickets sold, unfortunately, doesn't equal people in seats. The section in the old dome across from the players benches was always sold out. But the seats were rarely filled. I had inquired about upping my donor level a few years back to be able to buy those seats. Was told there were none available. Must say I was shocked because there was never anyone there. So my guess is the same will happen now. Even though most of the lower bowl is sold out, you can bet there will be a lot of empty seats most games.

A little off topic, but not totally - When we had received a tour from Bill McGillis of the new dome, he explained that the Club Level was built purposefully to not have a lot of seating in the club. And there will be no TVs on during the game. They are trying to drive people to their seats instead of sitting in the Club watching the game on TV. So they've put some thought into this. We are first time season ticket holders for basketball and will make as many games as we can. Not going to the Miami football game will allow us to make another game or two for hoops.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I met him last week......I said so you are the guy that says "Defense" every third word...all day...every day! He laughed really hard...out loud. Nice man. Nice rings on the basketball coaches fingers...I think i saw four of them in 4 hours!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'd mark that up to Heath being a class act and not desperation.

That's the way I would take it. I think it's awesome.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Wish I would receive a call from Holtz.

He's too scared of what we'd say if he called.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

Tickets sold, unfortunately, doesn't equal people in seats. The section in the old dome across from the players benches was always sold out. But the seats were rarely filled. I had inquired about upping my donor level a few years back to be able to buy those seats. Was told there were none available. Must say I was shocked because there was never anyone there. So my guess is the same will happen now. Even though most of the lower bowl is sold out, you can bet there will be a lot of empty seats most games.

I'm thinking there were possibly a couple of reasons for the empty seats across from the benches. One was corporate season tix holders who didn't really try that hard to distribute their tickets. This still could be a problem for non-conference games but hopefully the conference games will be easier to get rid of.... if they try. Second, there were a lot of grandfathered season ticket holders paying way under current BC donations to sit over there, weren't as invested as others, so didn't worry about missing games. There shouldn't be many of those now. Minimum donation on that side is now two grand and even though you may still have some who don't worry about wasting that amount of money, I've got to think the majority of the ones shelling that out are ones who want to be there whenever humanly possible .... or at least make sure somebody uses the tix.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Voice recording, or the head coach in real life?

He did say Heath talked basketball with him ...

fingers before brain???????

LOL ... Hey, it still could have been a recording .... anticipating what the questions would have been.

If Ferris Bueller can do it I'm sure Stan Heath can.

Hell of a marketing scheme..that's why I'll assume it was heaths idea, not usfs marketing g department,

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm kind of on the fence about buying tickets. Stan are you listening???? Can we draw up a little pick and roll?

last year everyone wanted to fire him, this year everyone wants to be his friend. He is......

wilfred-brimley-most-interesting-man-in-the-world_o_612073.jpg

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Not everyone wanted Stan fired. He came into a tough situation.