• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EVERYBODY wanted Stan Heath GONE.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

But then he took the bulls the farthest they've ever been and shut everybody up.....so ya it hasn't been all pretty for skip but that doesn't mean that it absolutely will NOT be. If anything skp has shown to build successful programs, so realistically we STILL DO have a chance at something special here.

Edited by Bullsfan11
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

But then he took the bulls the farthest they've ever been and shut everybody up.....so ya it hasn't been all pretty for skip but that doesn't mean that it absolutely will NOT be. If anything skp has shown to build successful programs, so realistically we STILL DO have a chance at something special here.

+1

Skip will get in done next season.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Difference was that USF football was a respectable program which couldn't get over the hump when Holtz got here.

USF basketball was a train wreck when Heath got here.

Apples and oranges in my book.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Difference was that USF football was a respectable program which couldn't get over the hump when Holtz got here.

+1.

And define everybody in this situation. I can't come up with one person in my circle of friends who wanted Heath gone, especially given the hand he was dealt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

+1.

And define everybody in this situation. I can't come up with one person in my circle of friends who wanted Heath gone, especially given the hand he was dealt

The vast majority of USF fans knew what Stan was up against with this program but there were some on this board starting threads about new hoops coaches just like the ones for Skip ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

+1.

The vast majority of USF fans knew what Stan was up against with this program but there were some on this board starting threads about new hoops coaches just like the ones for Skip ...

The warmest that Stan's seat ever got was at the end of 2011 with the loses to Auburn, Southern Miss, and UConn. But it quickly cooled off.

I'll admit, after the Auburn game, I really started to question Heath, but I'm glad the team came together and turned the season around.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

I know it's not 100 percent related but you guys get the metaphor. Point is the coach was not "up to par" in fans eyes, but he still made it happen. NO reason to believe a guy like holtz who has had success at other programs can't do that here, when south Florida is a much GREATER opportunity than the likes of ecu

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah. Those 3 losses going into the start of conference play had me wondering about coach Stan. 7-6 to start Big East play. Then AC :wub: was 100% go. Defense got super cranked up (football team no longer plays D). Rudd :wub: starting dunking on fools. Ron started rebounding and intimidating the masses. Wins started piling up. This was after a "bad" season.

Holtz already had his "bad" season. So, unless he can get this team to at least 7 wins............

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I wouldn't agree that is was everybody.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If we don't have a chance to get Petrino, I have no problem waiting another year on Skip.