• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chairman of Board of Trustees Knows We're In Trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

A little sad to see that we could have had Leach for the same money we're paying Skip.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Good read. Thanks for sharing. I think everyone should read the entire article before jumping to conclusions. I am happy to hear that Mr. Ramil has so much passion for USF and is a fan of the football team like all of us. He clearly wants what is best for the program as a whole. Wouldn't it be fabulous to have the same enthusiasm come out of Holtz. Seems like the finger is on the trigger and the football program as a whole is under the microscope, which is what I think we all want as fans, especially with the progression of this season.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

"I don't coach football. I don't know what the answers are," Ramil said Thursday.

The answer is to open your check book and start paying SEC salaries Ramil and attract SEC coaches.

Our current coach is currently #35 in salary. I'm pretty sure that is above a good number of SEC coaches. Probably some good ones.

http://usatoday30.us...rise/51242232/1

may be a year old but 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay. we arent paying SEC dollars

we pay as much or more than ole miss, kentucky, tennessee, vandy, and arkansas. we pay as much or more than 37 current BCS teams.

http://www.coachesho...esContracts.htm

that arkansas contract is for an INTERIM COACH. kentucky and vandy? not sure if serious

so Tennessee is your only example. and if they fire Dooley that number will double to attract a high level coach

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

we need people like Ramil to not only give their time on BOT but open their pocketbooks as well. I'm sure as TECO CEO he can afford a "donation" to attract major talent at coach and coordinators. Not saying I'm through with Holtz, I'm not, still believe he can get this turned around by next year. But if he can't get it done, maybe Mr.Ramil can write a hefty check to get top talent. Or maybe an OCS lol name it TECO Field lol

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

"I don't coach football. I don't know what the answers are," Ramil said Thursday.

The answer is to open your check book and start paying SEC salaries Ramil and attract SEC coaches.

Our current coach is currently #35 in salary. I'm pretty sure that is above a good number of SEC coaches. Probably some good ones.

may be a year old but 11 SEC schools are in top 20 of pay. we arent paying SEC dollars

we pay as much or more than ole miss, kentucky, tennessee, vandy, and arkansas. we pay as much or more than 37 current BCS teams.

that arkansas contract is for an INTERIM COACH. kentucky and vandy? not sure if serious

so Tennessee is your only example. and if they fire Dooley that number will double to attract a high level coach

Vandy's Franklin is a great coach. I wish we could get him

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I was listing the sec teams that pay as much or less than us. no disputing the facts. kentucky, vandy, arkansas, tennessee and ole miss currently pay as much or less than us.

correct me if I'm wrong but i believe you said 11 of 12 in top 20. we're top 35 and if you go by old sec at 12 teams they only have 7 schools above us.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

A little sad to see that we could have had Leach for the same money we're paying Skip.

No, Leach would never have taken the job. He would have told Woolard to kiss his ass.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

It takes more than money to attract the top coaching talent.

The top level of coaches want to win a NC and to do that you need facilities, a boatload of cash, a talent rich recruiting base and a school the top recruits want to come to. That usually means history and tradion. None of which USF has. Even if an AD comes along that can pull the program up out of the current death spiral, the reality is USF will be a "stepping stone" job.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

we need people like Ramil to not only give their time on BOT but open their pocketbooks as well. I'm sure as TECO CEO he can afford a "donation" to attract major talent at coach and coordinators. Not saying I'm through with Holtz, I'm not, still believe he can get this turned around by next year. But if he can't get it done, maybe Mr.Ramil can write a hefty check to get top talent. Or maybe an OCS lol name it TECO Field lol

He does... What makes you think he isn't a huge donor?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Might want to read the full article.

Ramil said he likes Holtz as a coach, was "totally impressed" with him in his personal interactions, and he fully supports Woolard's decision in June to give Holtz an extension through the 2017 season despite a 1-6 record in the Big East in 2011, citing interest from other top programs in hiring the coach away.

"He was a person in demand," Ramil said. "There were a couple of significant openings where he had ties to. I think it was a good, smart move. If we'd have lost him at the end of the season, the reaction would have been, 'Oh, my God, he lost four or five games in the last minute, he's got a great record. Why'd you let him get away?' "

Ramil said he often points to USF football's academic progress under Holtz, how nearly all the team's seniors will have graduated by December, how that improvement parallels higher standards for the university's overall admissions in recent years.

"Right now, given everything in balance, while I wasn't happy after the game, I think I should be patient. I think we all should be patient," Ramil said. "I think Doug Woolard's plan to work on things we can during the season and assess at the end is the right thing to do."

I wouldn't wave good-bye too hard. Not just yet anyway.

LOL, I have been saying the same thing that Ramil said since the Nevada game and all you members gave me a hard time....now all of you have seen the light!

Fire SKIP STAT!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't bother reading the whole thing, did you?

I think it's a given that Skip gets the rest of the year... That being said, I doubt the BOT lets DW give him another year if he doesn't win 2 more games this season. Not sure if either of you have ever had the opportunity to work with Ramil before but he doesn't have a reputation for working with failure very long. In no way am I saying that we should be going to BCS games every season or anything like that... but this program had a talented team when Skip got here 3 years ago... he hasn't been able to consistently recruit and it's now showing.... there is no reason there should have been a fall off to the point we're at.

Well said, and I'm thankful we have a guy like Ramil with us