• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we talk some FOOTBALL?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

I am praying that this does not turn into a thread about the coaching staff. Not sure how long that can last but here we go...

Coach says depth chart changes may be coming. I'm looking at the roster and can't put my finger on who exactly, but I've got to think some of those changes will come in the defensive backfield. But who? Baker, Joyce, Jenkins, Lejiste, Webster?

The problem isn't only the mid throw but also rushing yards; we're giving up I think 170 per game? Is that on the LB squad?

Our front 7 has shown we can get TFL and we seem to have improved there the last 2 games.

What do we need to do to win this Louisville football game?

I'm tired of ******** about the coaching staff. I think we are all preaching to the choir at this point. Can we refocus on the UL game and what we need to do to win?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I’m more concerned that Louisville will pass for a ton of yards on us. We have failed to get consistent pressure on teams this year and if the D-line can’t get pressure on Teddy Bridgewater he will pick our secondary apart!

I like the idea of some fresh faces seeing some playing time, it's obvious that the current depth chart is not getting the expected and needed results.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I say put in Bivins or Durden and let them learn on the fly next to Webster. Nothing to lose now. Also, put LeJiste back in at strong safety, Joyce has looked sloppy. Move Popek back to left tackle and run that way. he is not a guard and he can move.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I am praying that this does not turn into a thread about the coaching staff. Not sure how long that can last but here we go...

Coach says depth chart changes may be coming. I'm looking at the rosterand can't put my finger on who exactly, but I've got to think some of those changes will come in the defensive backfield. But who? Baker, Joyce, Jenkins, Lejiste, Webster?

The problem isn't only the mid throw but also rushing yards; we're giving up I think 170 per game? Is that on the LB squad?

Our front 7 has shown we can get TFL and we seem to have improved there the last 2 games.

What do we need to do to win this Louisville football game?

I'm tired of ******** about the coaching staff. I think we are all preaching to the choir at this point. Can we refocus on the UL game and what we need to do to win?

we need to keep their offense off the field. they are giving up 4 ypc. we have to establish the run and not give up on it. fitch always gives up on it. bring in extra blockers. pass to TEs. play ball control and eat clock. shorten the game. just like we did against fsu in 1st quarter before we gave up on run. when they bring safeties up then play action over the top. please don't throw lots of short low percentage, high risk, low reward passes.

use victor marc and deonte welch. I like t-rex but he should not be a primary receiver.

defense must play aggresive and cover middle of field.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

From today's St Pete Times

TAMPA - If USF, mired in a four­game skid, needed a reminder a team can bounce back from a 2-4 start, it finds one next week when it travels to face Louisville.

The Cardinals started 2-4 last sea­son, including losing to Florida Inter­national. Then they clicked, winning five of six to finish tied for first in the Big East.

'There's a lot we can still play for, a lot more we can still accomplish,' Bulls QB B.J. Daniels said. 'Our goals, fortunately, we're still able to attain them.' Senior G Danous Estenor said players have talked about Louisville's turnaround.

'There's a lot of optimism in the locker room,' he said. '(Louisville) gives us a lot of hope: 'Okay, it's been done before. It's not something out of reach.' We're trying to take that to the next game, fix our mistakes and cor­rect them all in the next game.'

THIS AND THAT: The bye week lets younger players get reps with the first teams. Wednesday, that included LB Zack Bullock , walk-on S Trevon Griffin and LT Darrell Williams . … Freshman LB Tashon White­hurst

, who missed Saturday's game with a knee injury, returned to prac­tice. … One current positional exper­iment: shifting redshirt freshman C.J. Garye from safety to weakside linebacker. … Coach Skip Holtz 's father, Lou , watched practice from a golf cart. 'He's pretty feisty,' Daniels said. 'He has a big voice. When he speaks, you listen to him.'

Greg Auman, Times staff writer

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Lejist is the only good one in the backfield... the rest suck... Mitchell also sucks and drops more passes then he catches... why not move him from offense to defense to replace an under performing corner?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Agreed. Put t-rex back at corner... it has been a glaring weakness opposite Webster. He may even be better than Baker even though he hasn't played the position in a coupe years. Welch and the TEs are definitely under utilized.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I couldn't agree more about Joyce, missing tackles and blowing coverage quite often.

I'm also with you on establishing and sticking with the run, chew up the clock to keep thier offense off the field.

Edited by dznick51

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

I couldn't agree more about Joyce, missing tackles and blowing coverage quite often.

I'm also with you on establishing and sticking with the run, chew up the clock to keep thier offense off the field.

That works until you go 3 and out and give up the ball in 110 seconds.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think since our coverage over the middle is already awful and ineffectual that instead of having the line backers drop back into a zone we should just rush them instead. Send them right after the QB. Nothing is getting done with them in coverage so try something else... put the QB on his but.

Edited by Gismo