• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we talk some FOOTBALL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I’m more concerned that Louisville will pass for a ton of yards on us. We have failed to get consistent pressure on teams this year and if the D-line can’t get pressure on Teddy Bridgewater he will pick our secondary apart!

I like the idea of some fresh faces seeing some playing time, it's obvious that the current depth chart is not getting the expected and needed results.

We haven't played well defensively against duel threat QBs, and Bridgewater is one of the best. Our d-line and linebackers will have their hands full with stopping he run, including Bridgewater. My concern is that if our linebackers focus too much on the run, they will pass across the middle all day on us, which is already a weak spot. I have no expectations of a win in Papa Johns Stadium, I will be satisfied with some progress from the bye week.

This guy thinks he's a DT QB. However, I think he's running ability is under estimated, but I would not consider him a DT QB like BJ and Grothe are and were. He had some decent rushing yards last year, but thier oline was having lots of issues, so I think some more designed runs were called for that reason.

he averaged about 5 yards per game last year. he's averaging 2 yards per game this year.

can he run? sure I guess. do we need to game plan to stop it? no.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I’m more concerned that Louisville will pass for a ton of yards on us. We have failed to get consistent pressure on teams this year and if the D-line can’t get pressure on Teddy Bridgewater he will pick our secondary apart!

I like the idea of some fresh faces seeing some playing time, it's obvious that the current depth chart is not getting the expected and needed results.

We haven't played well defensively against duel threat QBs, and Bridgewater is one of the best. Our d-line and linebackers will have their hands full with stopping he run, including Bridgewater. My concern is that if our linebackers focus too much on the run, they will pass across the middle all day on us, which is already a weak spot. I have no expectations of a win in Papa Johns Stadium, I will be satisfied with some progress from the bye week.

BullsFan 98 thinks he's a DT QB. However, I think he's running ability is under estimated, but I would not consider him a DT QB like BJ and Grothe are and were. He had some decent rushing yards last year, but thier oline was having lots of issues, so I think some more designed runs were called for that reason.

Looks like I was wrong, he only had 66 yards rushing on 89 attempts last year.

http://espn.go.com/c...ddy-bridgewater

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

His o-line blocks, his recievers run good routes and catch the ball. He doesn't have to run.