• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I still believe in Skip

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Not to mention the SEC has a reputation of below-average academics

They do? Aren't they all AAU institutions?

You are thinking of the Big Ten (all except Neb)

In the SEC, some are. Vandy is there, Florida is AAU. I'm not saying we need to compete with them on their academics anyway, I'm saying I don't want to have an SEC-type mentality (or reputation) that says to hell with graduation and APR scores.

EDIT:

Do you want this representing your school? I dont

10-08-12Luzer.jpg

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I said in another thread,I think I'd give him a chance if he cleaned house within his staff - at least oust the coordinators

This is what I said in Leavitt's final 2 seasons.

first thing Skip did was sh!tcan the old staff and bring in his own guys-- save a few here and there. Was that totally necessary? I can see pruning but to remove some key figures from that staff seemed negligent.

Which key figures did he prune?

Auman addressed this one page ago.

No, he didn't ...... unless I missed a second post.

Holtz kept McGeoghan, Scott and Patrick as full-time assistants, plus several full-time staff members (Carl Franks, Rich Rachel, Larry Antonucci, Jamie DeGerome). Honestly more than many coaches would coming into a new situation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

To paraphrase one of our AD's favorite lines: Even if Skip's team loses all its games, we'll still love him. We'll miss him, but we'll still love him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I said in another thread,I think I'd give him a chance if he cleaned house within his staff - at least oust the coordinators

first thing Skip did was sh!tcan the old staff and bring in his own guys-- save a few here and there. Was that totally necessary? I can see pruning but to remove some key figures from that staff seemed negligent.

Holtz kept McGeoghan, Scott and Patrick as full-time assistants, plus several full-time staff members (Carl Franks, Rich Rachel, Larry Antonucci, Jamie DeGerome). Honestly more than many coaches would coming into a new situation.

Everyone else other than those guys. Duh.

So everyone let go was a key figure??

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

So everyone let go was a key figure??

please hold

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

That is why I don't believe in Skip. Of course every coach that's doing bad is going to imply we need time to build a program. It's a point you can't fault because it hasn't happened yet. He was the fricken head coach of ECU. He ain't his daddy. Plain and simple.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention the SEC has a reputation of below-average academics

They do? Aren't they all AAU institutions?

You are thinking of the Big Ten (all except Neb)

In the SEC, some are. Vandy is there, Florida is AAU. I'm not saying we need to compete with them on their academics anyway, I'm saying I don't want to have an SEC-type mentality (or reputation) that says to hell with graduation and APR scores.

EDIT:

Do you want this representing your school? I dont

10-08-12Luzer.jpg

Missouri and Texas A&M are both AAU schools as well.

That is why I don't believe in Skip. Of course every coach that's doing bad is going to imply we need time to build a program. It's a point you can't fault because it hasn't happened yet. He was the fricken head coach of ECU. He ain't his daddy. Plain and simple.

So was Pat Dye ...... point?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Zook was a good recruiter, just not a very good coach

Huh, a positive and a negative, and therefore a failure at being a BCS coach.

Holtz is not a very good recruiter, and he isn't an especially good coach as evidenced by the bad process in each game. Two negatives equates to a doubly bad coach and his record so far bears this out. This is third down and 20 for us and I say do a gameday unthinkable and punt. If we wait to punt we'll be looking at 4th and 40.