• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Leach at 2-4 calls out heart of seniors, starts underclassmen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

Yeah, if you've watched the team for years as most people on here have, there is a difference that you can see with your eyes. It's pretty much been pointed out by everyone except maybe the coaching staff.

I'm not saying let's have a Tim Tebow promise or anything dramatic, but maybe some leaders need to emerge if the motivation isn't coming from what the coaches are saying?

they kind of tried that a couple of times with the players only meetings-0-- there is only so much they can do on their own.

this is on the coaches primarily

I guess it is also possible that our team is not quite as talented as we have led ourselves to believe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, if you've watched the team for years as most people on here have, there is a difference that you can see with your eyes. It's pretty much been pointed out by everyone except maybe the coaching staff.

I'm not saying let's have a Tim Tebow promise or anything dramatic, but maybe some leaders need to emerge if the motivation isn't coming from what the coaches are saying?

they kind of tried that a couple of times with the players only meetings-0-- there is only so much they can do on their own.

I guess it is also possible that our team is not quite as talented as we have led ourselves to believe

Come on MikeG, you don't believe for a second that this team is less talented than Ball State and Temple. Do you?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

...we lost to them...

(Runs away)

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Come on MikeG, you don't believe for a second that this team is less talented than Ball State and Temple. Do you?

Where's the proof to the contrary?

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Its probably a combination of bad luck, average team/overrated, bad coaching, team not believing it can win, in a funk

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

O.K. now we're getting somewhere. So the last recruiting class of Leavitt, ranked near the top 25 in the nation, is less talented than Ball State and Temple. I get it Bull Martin. So that means that Skip Holtz has recruited QB's, DE's, OL's, LB's, CB's, RB's, TE's, WR's, etal that are all less talented than those guys since they haven't moved many of those seniors out of the starter rolls. Where are we headed then Bull Martin? Do you actually attend games, travel, donate, etc. and if so are you excited about where we're at and where we're headed? You seem to be quite the contrarian so I'll give you the podium to vocalize your super fandom and how Skip Holtz with his less talented recruits can help right the sinking USS Bulls in future years. Take it away Bull Martin.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

That is us !!!!!! We do not play hard period. If you watch the defense closely it is sickening. We do not light anyone up anymore like years past(best tackle all day against Temple was when we tackled our own guy). We don't swarm to the ball. Hell we run the opposite direction of the ball half the time. The only three guys on the team that look like they want to be out there most the time are BJ, Marcus Shaw, and Kayvon Webster.

I loved when Shaw got into the fight but of course Skippy chewed him for showing too much passion.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

You mean with the coaches right? I don't think our players want to lose or aren't trying.

Our players are getting called out by media and announcers for looking flat. Playing to the opponent or to the crowd has been a common problem at USF for a while now. I totally disagree that some aren't giving 100%.

I'm not saying benching all seniors is the right move, but I admire Leach for holding players accountable and expecting maximum effort, regardless of class.

I say benching all seniors is the right move... I called for it after Ball State. Not for an entire game or anything, but to send a message. The effort and leadership on the field is lacking and that comes down on them. What harm could it do? We might loose to Temple?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

BINGO!

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

You mean with the coaches right? I don't think our players want to lose or aren't trying.

Our players are getting called out by media and announcers for looking flat. Playing to the opponent or to the crowd has been a common problem at USF for a while now. I totally disagree that some aren't giving 100%.

I'm not saying benching all seniors is the right move, but I admire Leach for holding players accountable and expecting maximum effort, regardless of class.

I say benching all seniors is the right move... I called for it after Ball State. Not for an entire game or anything, but to send a message. The effort and leadership on the field is lacking and that comes down on them. What harm could it do? We might loose to Temple?

+1

Shake it up a little. Let some of these new Bulls get some reps.