• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buying out Holtz?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

$*A%JF$*QAAUEF*#Q*U&RAEFI*#@(*@#$*#(%&#@($#%&*!@$&!@%*E($%#^%)({&$%*$#*%)^*&@%#@(!)%^%*&@%$(#$@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOLARD ARGH!!!!!!! ^%*@%$#@^%(^$#$%#)^%^(@#%$(!!!

WHY DID HOLTZ GET AN EXTENSION MAKES ME SOOOOO ANGRY TO SEE THE BULL CRAP ON THE FIELD AND THEN READ THIS IS OUR REALITY!!!!!!!!

*&*(&)^^*%(^&*)(*&%^%$%$*%(^(&))&*^%%^$!@#$%$#@#$#%$^%&^*&)^(*)*^&#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

someone should get his contract by a public records request and see what the real ramifications would be

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I would match what I pay in season tickets to get skip out of here. It would not be easy financially, but I can't watch the University I love go up in flames.

I think so too

Me too

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

USF won't buy Holtz out and he won't be fired.

This is USF, not FSU, UF, or a similar big time school. I doubt USF has the alumni like those other schools to really run a coach out of town.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

USF won't buy Holtz out and he won't be fired.

This is USF, not FSU, UF, or a similar big time school. I doubt USF has the alumni like those other schools to really run a coach out of town.

The best thing Woolard and company can do it is to take the defensive coordinator decision out of Holtz's hands.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Just to throw out a positive thought. Let's assume for a minute that the buyout is $8-$10 million. I know that sounds insanely high for USF to come up with.....but will it be in a season or two? I am sure someone has mentioned this on another thread.....but all the Big East football schools are about to get anywhere from a $5 - $8 million yearly raise from TV when the new contract is signed. Right now the BE is negotiating with ESPN and will be on the open market in a month or so (NBC, Fox, Turner, CBS, ect for football and basketball).

With that kind of increase....it would be worth forgoing one or two seasons of extra money to get out from under Holtz. What else are we going to do with it? Set money aside for an On Campus Stadium?.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

With Petrino's history, a good negotiator and some creative negotiating and creative terms we can make it happen

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

With Petrino's history, a good negotiator and some creative negotiating and creative terms we can make it happen

I hear he can be had for the low low cost of a Harley and a membership at AshleyMadison. com.

In reality I want Skipper gone as badly as anyone but we need a coach who has a passion for USF football. Not one whose only passion is himself.

Edited by sayheykid

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz has to have something on woolard to get a ******* extension.... Woolard needs to be fired also for that idiot move

But I doubt anything will happen and usf football will continue to sink to new lows...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

If you're looking for someone that had the same passion for the football program from day 1 that Leavitt had I think that will be hard to find. Leavitt had the unique situation of starting something from scratch and making it his own because it was his. I think the program is a little too young yet to have a former player be good enough and experienced enough to come back to the alma mater with the built in passion.

The top notch coaches are professionals. For lack of a better way to say it, its just a job for them when they first get there. As they build and mold the program to be theirs the passion for the program will grow.

I believe the top coaches have the passion for football and for the profession. Then hopefully it grows into the passion for the program.