• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former players venting about Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

problems still remains

1. who do you hire as the next HC?

2. where do you get the money buyout skip's contract?

3. where do you get the money to pay for a new coach?.

Skip is killing the revenue stream right now. Season tickets sales and bowl revenue are certainly down from last year. Also the poor play on the football team may have cost the team an opportunity to take advantage of any realignment. (Its just not the right time to be losing like this)

It will cost USF a lot more to keep Holtz than to buy him out.

1. Matt Grothe (at least as interim)

2. Sacrifice some facilities and hopefully furious donors will support a buyout and put heat on Wouldard for costing them with the extension

3. Get someone with passion for less than what we're paying Holtz now. Pull a good coordinator from another program?

USF cannot afford to keep Holtz for another 5 years. Absolutely cannot afford it.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I'm personal friends with several, pretty well respected former players.

I won't post'em here, but they are pretty pissed.

Basically saying they won't support USF football until changes on the staff are made. Specifically Holtz and Cosh.

Well maybe some of the former players making it in the NFL will support a buyout. The fans can only hope that those with the means will send a message.

Really? Outside of Anthony Henry what has any of them really done for the program once they left? If I missed something list it, because I do not recall any news of the rest of the NFL guys ever really putting anything back into the school or the program.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We can not afford to keep him for another week.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

Matt Grothe as the HC? That is even more ridiculous then when the G'ville crowd thought Lord Tebow could be next HC.

I say go to the NFL. Not sure who, but bring some passion back to the team. At least under CJL we had fire in our bellies.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

Basically saying they won't support USF football until changes on the staff are made. Specifically Holtz and Cosh.

Well maybe some of the former players making it in the NFL will support a buyout. The fans can only hope that those with the means will send a message.

Really? Outside of Anthony Henry what has any of them really done for the program once they left? If I missed something list it, because I do not recall any news of the rest of the NFL guys ever really putting anything back into the school or the program.

I'm just trying to be optimistic. And seriously, you think Grothe could be any worse than Holtz as an interim? I don't care that he's young or inexperience coach... at least he'll bring passion for the program, which Holtz doesn't have any of. Grothe wants a career in coaching, maybe bring him on staff somewhere. At least he would give a **** not like our current staff. But ANYONE would be better than Holtz. I admit though, Grothe is a little far fetched and maybe not practical or the best choice.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Some guys are private about stuff and some guys contribute time and energy with charity appearances and volunteerism just as any other alum would do. I'm not talking about only NFL guys. Just former players that played important roles in building the foundation here.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Woulard and company will have their work cut out for them over the next couple of days and weeks. First something needs to happen to show how the importance of USF football to restore some confidence back to the donors, season ticket holders and fans. Then they have to figure out how to reverse the trend to prevent USF from becoming a toxic program that no one wants to touch.

But then again I can be wrong. maybe the revenue they get just by showing up for the games is enough.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

we need a Black coach that can identify with our players.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

As much as I love Grothe...that would be coming from right field if he was hired. In any case, I do agree on hiring someone with some ties to the program. Win or lose, we need to bring back the passion for Bulls football.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

if nothing else firing Holtz might get some of the season ticket holders who are looking at our future home schedule of Cuse, Uconn and PItt and saying "f-- it" to actually come out. at the very least it would be a curiosity.

Skip is done. we have standards at USF and he has violated too many of them to be kept around a minute longer.

Patrick for interim-HC.