• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 5 games played, predict the final season record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

11-1 counting moral victories.

Lmao

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Beat - temple, Syracuse, UConn, Pitt

Loss- UL, Miami, Cincy,

6-6 and a win over S.Miss in the beef bowl to make 7-6 and skip gets a lifetime extension.

Edited by SANJAY
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I wish I could feel optimistic with a 7-5 record or close to it (which would be an overachievement given Skip's hold on the team) but I just can't shake this feeling that this team is in for a 10 loss season. Everything seems to be going in the wrong way with this team, and if you take away that Nevada finish this team is 1-4 with losses to two non-BCS teams. No matter what happens, this team plays down to its competition and every single game is a nail biter. Aside from the Nevada game, nothing is breaking our way.

2-10 is not out of the question and I think it's very possible we run the table on the rest of our schedule with losses. Pitt owns us. UConn owns us. Syracuse could beat us as long as Nassib is healthy. Cincy, UL, UM will destroy this version of the USF Bulls. Temple is winnable, since they are still essentially a MAC team, but didn't we just prove that we can lose to a MAC team two weeks ago?

I hope I'm wrong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Temple was Big East before we were-- I think we need to give them a little more credit than what some are doing here. I mean-- here's a program that decided to pick itself up and make something out of itself when everyone including the Big East had given up on them. There's something to be proud of there.

Maybe our team's problem is that we don't think of ourselves as that underdog fighting for every scrap at the table anymore. I will admit that some of that came towards the end of CJL's tenure-- we simply bought into the media darling campaign thrown our way and then lost some seriously winnable games as a result. We need to shake that notion that we are owned wins and start earning them again.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Temple was Big East before we were-- I think we need to give them a little more credit than what some are doing here. I mean-- here's a program that decided to pick itself up and make something out of itself when everyone including the Big East had given up on them. There's something to be proud of there.

Maybe our team's problem is that we don't think of ourselves as that underdog fighting for every scrap at the table anymore. I will admit that some of that came towards the end of CJL's tenure-- we simply bought into the media darling campaign thrown our way and then lost some seriously winnable games as a result. We need to shake that notion that we are owned wins and start earning them again.

If I can't pick a win against Temple then I don't see 6 wins in there as they are the least talented team (on paper) left on our schedule. And I needed 6 wins because I'm not quitting on the dream for a low level bowl yet.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

If I can't pick a win against Temple then I don't see 6 wins in there as they are the least talented team (on paper) left on our schedule. And I needed 6 wins because I'm not quitting on the dream for a low level bowl yet.

I wasn't saying we can't say this is a winnable game-- just that we should respect them as an opponent.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

1. So my actual guess is 4-8 (with wins against Temple & 'Cuse)

2. the pessimistic outlook of 3-9 (with our only other win against 'Cuse)

3. an optimistic outlook of 6-6 (answer #1 plus bonus heart-stopping, action packed wins against Uconn & Pitt).

...and I say we take the moral high ground, as we're now embracing moral victories, and continue our streak of avoiding post-season play. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

4 or 5 wins.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

5-8 (apparently the Ball State loss should count as 2)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

7-5, We win against Temple, UCONN, PITT(I hate my life if we lose to PITT again) Cuse and Miami

Lose to Cincy and UofL...

We beat UofL in a couple weeks and the world gets flipped upside down and we have a chance to go 9-3...