• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I remember when we just didn't lose at home...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Certainly not the record home winning streak in college football. Many schools have won more than 21 in a row at home. Miami has the record with 58.

http://collegefootba...-homestreak.htm

IIRC Miami's home streak ended not long after TCU ended ours. And also IIRC, at the time our home streak ended it was second longest in the country behind Miami.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

loss to Oklahoma was a pretty thrilling game to be at despite the loss.

This game wasn't as close as people like to remember. We were getting beat 31-0 when Ronnie Banks came in and threw a couple of late TD's in garbage time.

We scored an early TD on a double pass trick play that was called back for a penalty. Paging Mike Hobbie...

Defense played well that day, but the game was not as close as the 31-14 final score. Just sayin...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

loss to Oklahoma was a pretty thrilling game to be at despite the loss.

This game wasn't as close as people like to remember. We were getting beat 31-0 when Ronnie Banks came in and threw a couple of late TD's in garbage time.

We scored an early TD on a double pass trick play that was called back for a penalty. Paging Mike Hobbie...

Defense played well that day, but the game was not as close as the 31-14 final score. Just sayin...

guess you weren't there and/or apparently thrilled

never did I say the game was close -- it was entertaining. Our team hung tough with a championship level team in it's second year of being 1-A. Check the stats if you think we just got blown out the whole game. We didn't -- we just didn't score.

http://www.gousfbulls.com//pdf1/131089.pdf

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Stoops wasn't looking to run the score up on his ole buddy "The Jim".

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

green-goggles.jpg

Sweet where can I find a pair of those things?

http://www.hatshopwo...9&idcategory=20

http://www.amazon.com/Steampunk-Style-Aviator-Goggles-Lenses/dp/B007EUXQI2

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

The the home winning streak which ended when USF first started playing in a conference (C-USA) while great, was help by scheduling carefully orchestrated by USF as an independent.

We were a 2 year old program when the streak started and only 6 when it was stopped, mostly playing teams that were at our level, or higher.... including a ranked Urban Meyer BGSU team if memory serves me correctly. There is no "carefully orchestrated" ******** that goes with that record.

Trip, you are correct. Carefully orchestrated is total bs

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

As I said in another thread, keep trashing the past to make the present not so bad.

Those doing this are the ones wearing the green and goggles.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751

never did I say the game was close -- it was entertaining. Our team hung tough with a championship level team in it's second year of being 1-A. Check the stats if you think we just got blown out the whole game. We didn't -- we just didn't score.

The last I heard reported...scoring more than your opponent the object of the game of football...31 to zip with 2 minutes to go is what I call being blown out! It appears that you on the other hand consider it some sort of moral victory.

• Downvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

The last I heard reported...scoring more than your opponent the object of the game of football...31 to zip with 2 minutes to go is what I call being blown out! It appears that you on the other hand consider it some sort of moral victory.

simple question-- were you there?

doubt it