• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This quote from Holtz rubs me the wrong way !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would expect him to accept blame and apologize... he needs to own this disaster that he and is over paid staff has created...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We played the #4 team in the country last night. Had a "coach speak" quote like that been thrown our way after a loss to Ball State or Temple, then we could all *****.

That was a tough team.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I didn't see the press conference, but did he at least seem agitated by the loss?

What should he say? Something along these lines:

We played a good team. We are a Big East program that has won big games like this before. We are disappointed we didn't win. We improved on some things, but are still not where we need to be. We have the heart of our conference schedule coming up. We are going to work on fixing what needs to be fixed. Thanks

End of press conference.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Actually he is right on course for a conference championship. Pretty much the same record he had at his last school over the first 2 years. Need to ditch the fast food world mentality and be realistic in what to expect. For every team you can point at and say," Well he did it in a year or two", there are many more that did it in a longer period of time, like Spurrier at South Carolina. The program is younger than anyone who can legally drink. Expectations of being a top 25 team, something that has taken programs 50 or 100 years and others that are over a century old have never achieved are what's unrealistic. Its so much harder than posters on here make it out to be.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I am not saying Skippy doesnt have his hand in the loss but the inability of BJ to throw over the middle or make reads is killing us and makes us predictable. He can only throw to the outside and make one read. It is a killer. Defense played with tenacity. Coaching decisions were subpar again. Bad coaching plus inept QB equals many losses. We are lucky to win on any week. These poor kids have suffer through it. I am sure they are talking to Ashianti like he is the savior. At this point we should be a run option team with BJ occasionally throwing the ball. THats what he can do and that is all. EOS

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425

He needs to be more "Saban" like. Less talk and more perfectionism. I don't think Skippy is a good speaker...he's a good rambler. He sounds like a broken record full of coaching cliches. He'd be better off cutting all his interviews short and taking some responsibility.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565

Okay. What do you want the coach to say?

"We suck, I quit."?

Seriously though not sure what people are expecting the coaching staff to say after a loss like this.

If I were Holtz:

"It was obvious that I made or allowed my assistants to make some poor decisions tonight that cost us some points. To the fans and alumni, I apologize; it was clear that we were outcoached tonight. We didn't play as aggressive as we should have, we gave up some very dumb penalties, especially that DeDe Lattimore personal foul, he will never do that again. However, we can still win the Big East, and I refuse to allow this team to give up on this season, and neither should our fans."

I would respect him so much more if he just took some of the ******* blame! Or do anything to light the necessary fire under the defense's collective asses. Yesterday night, among the 30 or so tweets I sent out, the one I remember the most was asking why Holtz wasn't as angry about this team as the fans are.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I am not saying Skippy doesnt have his hand in the loss but the inability of BJ to throw over the middle or make reads is killing us and makes us predictable. He can only throw to the outside and make one read. It is a killer. Defense played with tenacity. Coaching decisions were subpar again. Bad coaching plus inept QB equals many losses. We are lucky to win on any week. These poor kids have suffer through it. I am sure they are talking to Ashianti like he is the savior. At this point we should be a run option team with BJ occasionally throwing the ball. THats what he can do and that is all. EOS

our QB is top 15 in total offense in the country. odd how you blame losses on BJ when he can be quite effective as a runner. he averaged 4.8 ypc last night. it wasn't his fault the coaches called 9 pass plays and 1 run in the 2nd quarter that started with a possession on their 49 yard line and resulted in a punt at their 37. they get paid the big bucks to put their players in a position to succeed. you would think they would want to do this by leveraging their strengths which is obviously running in Bjs case.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I am not a BJ fan but putting the blame on him for not being able to pass the ball. is ludicrous. Skip has had time to get another QB and give him some reps and hasn't done so. BJ is a great RB or slot receiver not a QB

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

I am not a BJ fan but putting the blame on him for not being able to pass the ball. is ludicrous. Skip has had time to get another QB and give him some reps and hasn't done so. BJ is a great RB or slot receiver not a QB

I think we are in agreement that we should more of a pure running team with BJ and Skippy wants to make him something he is not. BJ does not throw over the middle which means no TIght ends. We have two four stars sitting on the bench. I digress. Seven more games until the experiment is over.