• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

BJ is doing all he can. He likely doesn't even remember the game last night after that shot he took at the end of the third. he'll have to watch film to see what happened in the 4th.

He's not going to be Andrew Luck any time soon, but, he can be effective if the offense was tailored to him.

agreed.

Fitch got away from the run again last night. critical 2nd quarter he called 9 passes and one run. we controlled the TOP in first quarter by running the ball. kept their offense off the field. it baffles me why he feels that we have to pass 30+ times every game. I get it if we are down by 2 scores or more in the 4th quarter but that rarely has been the case.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol at blaming this game on BJ. He played an amazing game stfu. Our receivers couldnt catch **** and I dont even recall Davis being on the field last night. Without BJ we lose by 30 points.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Of all our QB's BJ (to me) has had the most talent and potential. I feel that he himself has got in the way of living up to all of it. He's played well in many games overthe years and I'll have some great memories as will he. However, he is not next level...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah sure he plays hard and makes some great plays, but be also makes some awful plays so it equals out if not makes it a negative. Throwing the ball away on 4th down?? Thats pop warner level

if the played called breaks down (protection) he should throw the ball away if he is in a situation where he stands to be sacked for a huge loss to give the punter a better chance to put them back as far as possible. That's what I would expect AW or any intelligent qb to do. That's exactly what happened on that play there would have been a huge loss of yardage on that play difference of punting them inside the 10 or 5 and maybe the 25 or 30 giving them a shorter field. Great decision BJ!

Look, BJ saved about 8 yards by thowing the ball away out of bounds. That's a great play by a QB on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down. On 4th down if we are going for it with a pass play, throw it away way down the field. You may get a DB who picks the ball off, now we just saved +30 yards - effectively a punt OR one of our players makes a miraculous play on the ball and we get a miracle 1st down.

By throwing the ball away out of bounds, neither of those things are even possible.

Now, compare that play to the third down in the 3rd quarter where BJ throws the ball away on third down from the east side of the stadium UP IN THE AIR LOOPING to the west side of the field. We had 2 players who had to sprint to the area just to avoid an intentional grounding call, but what if the defense was faster. Looping a ball in the air across the field on 3rd down to avoid a sack is bad decision making also.

The play BJ should have made on 3rd down is the one he made on 4th down and the one he made on 4th down is the one he should have made on 3rd down.

I've seen high school QBs make better decisions.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

On the bright side, for those that think BJ is the problems, he'll be gone next year.

On the even morethe bright side we'll still have skip and Fitch next year. Eveld/floyd/woulard with Shaw/davis/kemp will certainly be more effective than BJ since those are skips guys.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

On the bright side, for those that think BJ is the problems, he'll be gone next year.

On the even morethe bright side we'll still have skip and Fitch next year. Eveld/floyd/woulard with Shaw/davis/kemp will certainly be more effective than BJ since those are skips guys.

I'm not BJ's biggest fan, but I think alot of my crap just comes from 3 years of people saying BJ has turned a corner, he's gonna be great...yada yada yada.

This team needs to find a QB and soon. Not to replace BJ this year, obviously the talent drops off after BJ. BUT...BJ is only one injury away from not playing here anymore.

I think the coaches have done a bad job in QB recruiting and development. This team seems like it was set up to get Skip a new job somewhere else at the end of THIS season. His coaching failure, his recruiting failure, is gonna be evident to more than just the Bulls faithful next year.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

next year is going to be a bad year imo

lose too many SRs... true freshman or matt floyd? lol

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Bull shi- ! All the leavitt players will be gone except for a few. And those few wll have only played their redshirt years under leavitt like Giddins and Lattimore. Skip will have his QB in place and won't have BJ holding him back anymore. I'm expecting big things next year.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

you think bj leaving next yr is cause for higher expectations.....now that's funny....

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

Bull shi- ! All the leavitt players will be gone except for a few. And those few wll have only played their redshirt years under leavitt like Giddins and Lattimore. Skip will have his QB in place and won't have BJ holding him back anymore. I'm expecting big things next year.

I'm not getting it. I think Jim's best year ever was 4-3 in conference. Doesn't matter whose players.