• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Someone mentioned that USF Football recruits sold their tickets to FSU fans as well. Not a good sign for those in the football department who are responsible for managing the recruits.

That doesn't sound right. Was this a credible source?

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

It was a parent of a recruit, different sport.

The football recruits can go to will call individually, therefore they had the opportunity to do anything they wanted to with the ticket. Now this may be necessary from a compliance stand point but I am sure there is a better way to manage that situation.

One of the coaches made a comment to the parent that the situation should not happen.

I personally found it disturbing and disrespectful. At the same time it reflected the lack of management from a football perspective.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

The football recruits can go to will call individually, therefore they had the opportunity to do anything they wanted to with the ticket. Now this may be necessary from a compliance stand point but I am sure there is a better way to manage that situation.

One of the coaches made a comment to the parent that the situation should not happen.

I personally found it disturbing and disrespectful. At the same time it reflected the lack of management from a football perspective.

I can vouch for this. I had some FSU friends come down and they got tickets from a USF players family. Not sure who it was but it only cost $40 to sit there. Shame.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

I know the person that is in charge of herding up the recruits and getting them in the right spots. I need to send them an email.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

A lot of 'noles in 234. However, those are all $-seats, so there were either season ticket purchase via Garnet-n-Gold folks (thank you, thank you very much) or

some Bulls season ticket holders opted to make some money on their own(shocked! shocked to hear such talk!).

As for me...well, I took the moral high ground. I kept 50% of my tickets and stayed until PAST the bitter end, and sold 50% of my tickets to 'noles for a reasonable mark-up. On the plus side, the attractive 'nole girls were so fascinated with the stadium that they opted to spend all but the first quarter minglin' down in partyville, again freeing up the lounging space for us.

Now, I'm willing to bet that were we, oh...let's just say "better", you'd get more of that coveted college atmosphere of standing, loud and more green-n-gold.

Face it...you can't lose to Ball State & Rutgers and honestly expect OUR fanbase to NOT expect a poor showing against the number four team in the nation.

Winning cures everything...attendance, ticket sales, and to a lesser degree, I think maybe the concessions would even taste better.

Sorry man. Biggest home game in school history. We'll probably never get the Noles in our house again. That showing by pur fanbase was pitiful, losses or not.

that makes no sense

If this was like a home game to them but in Tampa-- why wouldn't they jump at signing a new home and home with USF?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I know the person that is in charge of herding up the recruits and getting them in the right spots. I need to send them an email.

Yes, you do.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A lot of 'noles in 234. However, those are all $-seats, so there were either season ticket purchase via Garnet-n-Gold folks (thank you, thank you very much) or

some Bulls season ticket holders opted to make some money on their own(shocked! shocked to hear such talk!).

As for me...well, I took the moral high ground. I kept 50% of my tickets and stayed until PAST the bitter end, and sold 50% of my tickets to 'noles for a reasonable mark-up. On the plus side, the attractive 'nole girls were so fascinated with the stadium that they opted to spend all but the first quarter minglin' down in partyville, again freeing up the lounging space for us.

Now, I'm willing to bet that were we, oh...let's just say "better", you'd get more of that coveted college atmosphere of standing, loud and more green-n-gold.

Face it...you can't lose to Ball State & Rutgers and honestly expect OUR fanbase to NOT expect a poor showing against the number four team in the nation.

Winning cures everything...attendance, ticket sales, and to a lesser degree, I think maybe the concessions would even taste better.

Sorry man. Biggest home game in school history. We'll probably never get the Noles in our house again. That showing by pur fanbase was pitiful, losses or not.

that makes no sense

If this was like a home game to them but in Tampa-- why wouldn't they jump at signing a new home and home with USF?

...because they don't make money of USF home games...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I believe you highly over estimate the size of our fan base.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

While I'm a diehard fan and give my extra tickets away to USF fans whenever possible, it is not always easy when we are doing poorly. Given the circumstances Saturday, I can't blame folks for selling their tix at a profit to Noles fans. Free country. I won't denounce them as "bad fans" and will welcome 'em back when things are going better for this team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

that makes no sense

...because they don't make money of USF home games...

do you understand how a home and home game works?