• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pac 12 Big 12 Bowl alliance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

sounds promising. better than orange bowl against acc every year. possibly fiesta bowl or one to be formed in Houston.Honestly if our champ isn't highest ranked then they don't deserve a good bowl.

A tentative plan for the new college football postseason calls for a Pac-12 or Big 12 team to face the best team from a group of five conferences, including the Big East.

A person with direct knowledge of the plan for the four-team playoff in 2014 told The Associated Press that either a Pac-12 or a Big 12 team likely will be the opponent for the top-rated champion from the Big East, Mountain West, Conference USA, Sun Belt and Mid-American Conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-pac-12-big-190010712--ncaaf.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm fine with win and your in model

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Um, this sucks. So, the Big East is now officially an also-ran? No more even pretending? The Big Five all get their own pretty high end bowls and we're now stuck in the **** Five, fighting it out for the last scrap? How insulting is that? Yeah, I know we're only 16 years old, etc. etc., but fact is we are/were in a BCS/AQ conference and now we're officially on par with CUSA, MAC, etc.? This doesn't sound good at all. Not even a little.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

Um, this sucks. So, the Big East is now officially an also-ran? No more even pretending? The Big Five all get their own pretty high end bowls and we're now stuck in the **** Five, fighting it out for the last scrap? How insulting is that? Yeah, I know we're only 16 years old, etc. etc., but fact is we are/were in a BCS/AQ conference and now we're officially on par with CUSA, MAC, etc.? This doesn't sound good at all. Not even a little.

At 16 years old, we're right about where we should be. The time we had in a BCS/AQ was a bonus and allowed us to get some stuff done that may have been tougher had we not been there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Not trying to add salt to the wound, but we as a football team just lost to a team in the MAC. We currently deserve to be in a **** five conference.

so you're upset because an 8-4 UConn won't get to automatically play in a BCS bowl now? who cares? I wouldn't want us playing in and getting destroyed in a top level bowl if we didn't deserve to.

I like this setup better than having to play a crappy acc champ almost every year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

Not trying to add salt to the wound, but we as a football team just lost to a team in the MAC. We currently deserve to be in a **** five conference.

You do realize that this is happening a good deal in college football these days? I understand the pain when you add in last year but using just that as barometer isn't really realistic ...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

While yes, we are technically part of the "**** Five" as you put it, the Big East expansion next year basically decimates the next two even remotely closest conferences (MWC & CUSA). The MWC is left with Nevada & Fresno St basically, and CUSA left with Southern Miss, ECU and Tulsa. If either of those conferences actually gets their champion ranked higher than ours, then realistically we don't deserve to go. To me, this is more or less a gauranteed spot for the Big East, with the allusion that those others have a chance in order to again, hopefully avoid any type of litigation or political troubles.

And I'd rather be playing the #2/#3 from the PAC12 or Big 12 than the ACC champ in most cases. Outside of possible future matchups with FSU, Oregon/USC/Stanford or OKL/Texas/WVU etc....sounds better than Va Tech, Clemson or Ga Tech.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959

so you're upset because an 8-4 UConn won't get to automatically play in a BCS bowl now? who cares? I wouldn't want us playing in and getting destroyed in a top level bowl if we didn't deserve to.

I like this setup better than having to play a crappy acc champ almost every year.

No. I'm upset that the Big East has been relegated. We used to be bottom of the BCS (sometimes ACC was, allegedly). But, we were still BCS. Now, the Big East (deservedly, probably) has been swept together with the rest of the riffraff. That is going to be a major blow to USF and our football for years to come. We're officially outside looking in. Blame performance. Blame ESPN. Blame whoever. But we used to be part of the Big Six. Now there's a Big Five and we ain't one. That's what I'm upset about. We (as a league) didn't push hard enough or grease enough palms to come out of all this at the Big Boy table.

We all knew this was happening, but now's it's looking more and more official as the **** Five get their own bowl to shut up and go away. It's just a hard pill to swallow, whether it's just what we deserve or not. I was still hoping somehow the Big East would manage to attach itself exclusively to a good, traditional, name bowl and somehow push for a Big Six again.

While yes, we are technically part of the "**** Five" as you put it, the Big East expansion next year basically decimates the next two even remotely closest conferences (MWC & CUSA). The MWC is left with Nevada & Fresno St basically, and CUSA left with Southern Miss, ECU and Tulsa. If either of those conferences actually gets their champion ranked higher than ours, then realistically we don't deserve to go. To me, this is more or less a gauranteed spot for the Big East, with the allusion that those others have a chance in order to again, hopefully avoid any type of litigation or political troubles.

And I'd rather be playing the #2/#3 from the PAC12 or Big 12 than the ACC champ in most cases. Outside of possible future matchups with FSU, Oregon/USC/Stanford or OKL/Texas/WVU etc....sounds better than Va Tech, Clemson or Ga Tech.

a voice of reason.

if we have a worthy champ then we are guaranteed a top bowl.