• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pac 12 Big 12 Bowl alliance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

I think lost in this is the missing $17-20 mil a year we lose by losing a BCS caliber bowl. That's where the "big 5" are the "big 5"

It's not just the money of those bowls ... It's knowing, as one of the Big 5, before the season even starts, if you win your conference you will definitely know you will be going to one of two places in the postseason. The winner of the Big East has no guarantee ... Another reason for the perception of the Big 5 compared to the Big East is national champions. As far as I can see, there has been only one out of all the teams, SMU .... 1935.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No I saw that...I also saw GROUP OF 5 conferences.

Which means we wot necessarily be collecting that check annually like we do now.

And again, how often do you actually think the MWC or CUSA champ is going to be ranked higher than the Big East champ? This isn't the old MWC with BYU, TCU or Boise anymore. Their best team is Nevada, followed by Fresno and AFA. CUSA has basically been booted down to Sun Belt level losing Houston, SMU & UCF (and Memphis) to the Big East. Could ECU or Southern Miss or Nevada have some miraculous season including a big OOC win over a "BCS" team that gets them ranked over a Big East champion having a down year.....sure. But the likelyhood of that happening is probably once every ten years (if that).

I don't get what people are scared of, this is basically a gauranteed Big East bowl (atleast until the conference is picked apart again by any future expansion).

Yeah. They could be. Look at the BE. It's not exactly a juggernaut. All it would take is some team from the other conferences to win like Boise State has.