• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Jones: Skip Holtz bears responsibility for USF Bulls' woes

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

He should not be fired right now. But he needs an aggressive reminder that this performance is unacceptable; from the media, the administration, and the fans.

You will not get help from most of the media. They like Skip and revel in our suckage.

IDK, he woke up to read the article in question didn't he? And I don't get the sense that the writers at the TBT get any enjoyment from our failures. They can't write good stuff if nothing good is happening.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

He should not be fired right now. But he needs an aggressive reminder that this performance is unacceptable; from the media, the administration, and the fans.

You will not get help from most of the media. They like Skip and revel in our suckage.

IDK, he woke up to read the article in question didn't he? And I don't get the sense that the writers at the TBT get any enjoyment from our failures. They can't write good stuff if nothing good is happening.

Yeah, Auman is good. I was more thinking about the radio personalities and the other newspaper.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Do you really believe that he thinks the performance is acceptable and needs any kind of a reminder??

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

trip -- its hard to tell :P

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are crazy.....we are awesome....haven't you watched the games ? We extend all our coaches at USF for mediocre to sub par performance, it is the new in thing from what I hear.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

"Under Holtz, the Bulls are 1-8 in home games against opponents from BCS conferences."

This comment is what kills me the most... This is from a team who has historically dominated at home....

Basically we are better off with all road games based on these stats under Holtz.

Its tough to be amped up for games (even though I am still looking forward to our FSU game) with that record at home.

We all pay tons of $$$ for season tickets, donations, apparel, redicolous parking fees, and concessions, to go out and enjoy our University competing.

However, its tough to pony up that kind of cash to go see a loss, and most of time against inferior oppenents.

What made me such a loyal fan, and one to get excited for every game, because I knew that USF could hold thier own.

Can't say that anymore.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

"Under Holtz, the Bulls are 1-8 in home games against opponents from BCS conferences."

This comment is what kills me the most... This is from a team who has historically dominated at home....

Basically we are better off with all road games based on these stats under Holtz.

Its tough to be amped up for games (even though I am still looking forward to our FSU game) with that record at home.

We all pay tons of $$$ for season tickets, donations, apparel, redicolous parking fees, and concessions, to go out and enjoy our University competing.

However, its tough to pony up that kind of cash to go see a loss, and most of time against inferior oppenents.

What made me such a loyal fan, and one to get excited for every game, because I knew that USF could hold thier own.

Can't say that anymore.

The worse part is our team isn't even exciting to watch anymore. Our defense use to be nasty and hit people, now it's like two hand touch. I support my team, but the past two years I've been going to tailgate, see friends and drink. I don't even expect to win...I hate saying that :(

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Can't say that anymore.

The worse part is our team isn't even exciting to watch anymore. Our defense use to be nasty and hit people, now it's like two hand touch. I support my team, but the past two years I've been going to tailgate, see friends and drink. I don't even expect to win...I hate saying that :(

Agreed. I used to be excited and shared it with all of my co workers, one of them was ready to get season tickets but after last year decided not to.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Can't say that anymore.

Agreed. I used to be excited and shared it with all of my co workers, one of them was ready to get season tickets but after last year decided not to.

It's cheaper just buying tickets on stubhub. I have friends who come to tailgate then never go into the games. The beer and atmosphere is better outside the stadium then inside. I was excited about the holtz hire, now I wish someone would be dumb enough to take him from us...we won't be that lucky

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Good factual article written right there. It's all true. Holtz has been a failure so far. Lots of hype, bad results.

I read it and agreed with Tom Jones.

Glad the Times/TBT put the truth out. He needs to catch some **** for poor performance. At $2M a year, you have to earn it.

I don't make anywhere near that much and I don't get 4 years on a job to make a difference.

Good coaches win. Poor coaches dont. Very simple thing. How he got his contract extension is beyond me.