• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Gamplan, What would you call?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Just my opinion, but the only hope we have is to bring quick passes and BJ calling his own number as much as possible... I don't see our offensive line winning the battle the majority of the time, so deep passes is not going to be an option very often (most likely when BJ is running for his life) . I honestly think our best hope is to adopt as much of the pistol offense we can muster for this one. FSU's Defense is going to Blitz the hell out of BJ, so hopefully quick and short plays will work...

If you were our Offensive Cord. What would you do?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425

It's going to be really, really tough....just hoping we play loose and take some chances.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

more passes on first downs, ONE+ trick play, play actions

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Run pistol options and take quick short passes. Also, use our TE for the first time this season. I wouldn't go for any deep passes unless there was a messed up coverage and he was wide open. Gotta have a mobile offense for this team.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Lots of read option with BJ and Lamar. They are going to get pressure on BJ when we drop back, it imperative that we throw in a couple of well timed screens, preferably to Lamar/Shaw who can really make them pay. Have we run a bubble screen all year? Oh yes, freak Davis took one to the house at Nevada, probably need those. Keep them close to the LOS, draw in the safeties, BJ has to make plays with his legs. Do all of those things and we'll gt maybe 5 shots at big plays down the field. Must convert at least 3 of those...

... all of this insures that we only lose by 20ish because right now, I have no confidence that we can get a stop.

(Oh, by running, throwing short passes, and keeping the ball off of the grass [see Rutgers QB... no grass], we burn clock. Must shorten game. Ideally, we'd double them up in time of possession)

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I expect FSU to bring a ton of pressure. Need to counter with screen plays and swing passes, maybe some delayed runs (especially for BJ). If we can be effective with those, FSU will have to pull back a bit, giving us a bit more time in the pocket to stretch the field.

Of course, I don't expect Fitch to actually do any of this and will do traditional run plays right into the teeth of their D-line. And then late in both halves will realize he had better open up the playbook to keep us in the game.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Just my opinion, but the only hope we have is to bring quick passes and BJ calling his own number as much as possible... I don't see our offensive line winning the battle the majority of the time, so deep passes is not going to be an option very often (most likely when BJ is running for his life) . I honestly think our best hope is to adopt as much of the pistol offense we can muster for this one. FSU's Defense is going to Blitz the hell out of BJ, so hopefully quick and short plays will work...

If you were our Offensive Cord. What would you do?

The only problem with that, is that we'd be relying on BJ Daniels.

Oof.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Lots of read option with BJ and Lamar. They are going to get pressure on BJ when we drop back, it imperative that we throw in a couple of well timed screens, preferably to Lamar/Shaw who can really make them pay. Have we run a bubble screen all year? Oh yes, freak Davis took one to the house at Nevada, probably need those. Keep them close to the LOS, draw in the safeties, BJ has to make plays with his legs. Do all of those things and we'll gt maybe 5 shots at big plays down the field. Must convert at least 3 of those...

... all of this insures that we only lose by 20ish because right now, I have no confidence that we can get a stop.

(Oh, by running, throwing short passes, and keeping the ball off of the grass [see Rutgers QB... no grass], we burn clock. Must shorten game. Ideally, we'd double them up in time of possession)

exactly. must run at them like we did the first time. burn clock. shorten game. Fitch cannot give up on the run. he always gives up on the run. take shots down the field when safeties come up. our only chance to beat them is to limit their possessions. remember UF game when we ran on them? they had 1 possession (I believe a 3 and out ) for the entire first quarter. UF had a better D that year.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Lamar must be utilized often if we have a chance to win. Throwing quick passes will help. I wish we did more playaction, but BJ is not very good at hiding the ball. At the same time we need to keep the offense off the field have kill the clock. That's our best chance.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Lamar must be utilized often if we have a chance to win. Throwing quick passes will help. I wish we did more playaction, but BJ is not very good at hiding the ball. At the same time we need to keep the offense off the field have kill the clock. That's our best chance.

you obviously didn't see the first time we played FSU. play action worked to perfection because we actually established the run. didn't give up on it like Fitch does. BJ hid the ball perfectly several times that fooled the safeties and allowed us to get deep. I suggest you rewatch that game if you don't think he is good at selling the play action. I actually went away from that game thinking he was great at doing exactly that.