• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's why David Letterman's school beat us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

unreal... 8 quarters no sacks.

how overhyped was this d-line

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

why dont some of us just call in to the radio show this week, that would be entertaining for sure. my comment would be "why do you suck so bad? you make baby jesus cry."

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

to be honest I thought Skip was a great hire at the time. shows what I know

so did i

but when he didnt recruit a blue chip qb year one i was worried

after year 2 i knew he was finished

bj is not a d1 qb

he makes the greatest plays once in a while

fun to watch

he is a great runner

makes some great throws BUT

HE HAS no poise

cant consistently complete passes

doesnt throw a catchable ball(no touch)

he doesnt have the mental makeup(laughing and cajoling with the opposition when he needs to lead and inspire his own teammates)

BJ had better numbers than kansas state QB last year. the same kanasas state that went 10-2 and finished in top 10. the same kansas state QB that went 13 for 21 for 149 yards 1 TD 17 rushes for 79 yards and 1 TD against #6 OU in a win last night.

you really don't have a clue if you think it's on the QB.

Numbers are nice but they dont measure heart. When it is 4th and 1 and your QB leans forward with no real effort, when your team is behind and getting their ass kicked and your QB is smilling and joking with the other team like we are up by 40, when your QB costs your team a time-out cause he cant get his offense lined up in time to run a play....etc... Those little things make the difference between good stats and 10-2.

On the other hand your coach calling a time out just before the half so he can run a QB draw and potentially get his starting QB injured is just as silly...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

unreal... 8 quarters no sacks.

how overhyped was this d-line

I think this D line has some talent, but the coaches aren't turning it loose. Holtz got scared after getting scorched by Nevada and the pistol offense and proceeded to neuter the defense. It goes back to his tentative no balls approach to coaching. Holtz even mentioned on his call in show after Rutgers about why the didn't rush up the field and go after Nova and he said didn't do much of it because he didn't want to get burnt by the QB running. I'm paraphrasing but the WTF!

Same approach vs Balls Tate.

Our problems all go back to the head coach and the culture he has instilled.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Reason: a small group of people tore down what was a great football program.

The school president, the athletic director, and a few deep-pocket donors made some bad decisions very quickly.

(1) Fired Leavitt so quickly. (2) Hired someone just because of a name. (3) Cost us millions due to the firing, bad hiring, and payment to Leavitt.

But before all of that, they put the pinch on Leavitt and didn't give him the support he needed. If there was support, would they have needed an "investigation"? Hello! It's a freaking college football program, which is supposed to be for fun and entertainment. But we became a cheap mini-TV series on NBC. Yeah, we even had our own "investigative" reporter.

Yes, Leavitt was sucking air at the time (before he went mad and did whatever he did). All I'm saying is that USF threw loyalty completely away in all the moves that were made before, during, and right after Leavitt went insane.

Just to be clear:

1) The school president, the athletic director, and a few deep-pocket donors are to blame.

2) Leavitt went insane

3) Really bad decisions made by (1)+(2)

4) It's not the current coach's fault: he took a job to advance his career.

5) It's not the players' fault. They just play the game.

Now, we are worse than UCF. And as a football program, we are worse than the I-AAAA days.

Gonna need an overhaul, starting with a new president and athletic director.

I don't agree with all that.

And I think there is more to it than that, but I'm not digging up three year old posts.

It was a complete failure in leadership at USF that put us where we are today. That sums it up.

I still support the school. They get a second chance and some understanding to fix it. Which is sort of ironic, you know?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

so did i

bj is not a d1 qb

fun to watch

he is a great runner

HE HAS no poise

he doesnt have the mental makeup(laughing and cajoling with the opposition when he needs to lead and inspire his own teammates)

BJ had better numbers than kansas state QB last year. the same kanasas state that went 10-2 and finished in top 10. the same kansas state QB that went 13 for 21 for 149 yards 1 TD 17 rushes for 79 yards and 1 TD against #6 OU in a win last night.

Numbers are nice but they dont measure heart. When it is 4th and 1 and your QB leans forward with no real effort, when your team is behind and getting their ass kicked and your QB is smilling and joking with the other team like we are up by 40, when your QB costs your team a time-out cause he cant get his offense lined up in time to run a play....etc... Those little things make the difference between good stats and 10-2.

On the other hand your coach calling a time out just before the half so he can run a QB draw and potentially get his starting QB injured is just as silly...

if the DL was good they win 1 on 1 matchups occasionally

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

so did i

bj is not a d1 qb

fun to watch

he is a great runner

HE HAS no poise

I guess you watch kansas state's games huh? you know their Qbs demeanor. I'm sure he never smiles. he makes every 4th down qb sneak and their offense has never had to call a timeout. what a joke. all of you skip apologists are hilarious. one excuse after another. who will be the scapegoat next year when BJ is no longer here to bash? fact is there are plenty of successful teams that have worse QBs.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Why keep him? Woolard is the man that killed Bulls Football.

Killed Bulls football?? Yall are on the hyper-dramatic high horses today...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

so did i

bj is not a d1 qb

fun to watch

he is a great runner

HE HAS no poise

I guess you watch kansas state's games huh? you know their Qbs demeanor. I'm sure he never smiles. he makes every 4th down qb sneak and their offense has never had to call a timeout. what a joke. all of you skip apologists are hilarious. one excuse after another. who will be the scapegoat next year when BJ is no longer here to bash? fact is there are plenty of successful teams that have worse QBs.

Um, I am NOT defending SKIP. It is his responsibility to find us a QB and coach them to win. I am tired of watching our QB make the same mistakes, I am tired of our defense making the same mistakes, I am tired of our coach making excuses. The behaviour I described about BJ I have seen again and again. How an offense doesnt line up on 4th and 1 and play with passion is beyond me. Yet we have seen this over and over....

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Why keep him? Woolard is the man that killed Bulls Football.

Killed Bulls football?? Yall are on the hyper-dramatic high horses today...

No, the fact is Skip has taken the Bulls to the next level...down.