• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Official

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

success follows the person not the brand. best of luck to him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Goof luck to your son, I'm graduating in may with a BS in mechanical engineering.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Kid seems very talented with those choices.... I hope my daughter has the same choices.... good job raising him Apis///

Thanks

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Congrats. Let's just hope he can sneak by our ivy league-esque admissions department. #waverlyaustin

I think he'll be fine. Not to brag (okay, maybe a little), he has a 4. something weighted GPA, a 1290 on his SAT (he wants to take it again), a four year varsity athlete in two sports, and in 5 other extracurricular activities

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Congrats. Let's just hope he can sneak by our ivy league-esque admissions department. #waverlyaustin

I think he'll be fine. Not to brag (okay, maybe a little), he has a 4. something weighted GPA, a 1290 on his SAT (he wants to take it again), a four year varsity athlete in two sports, and in 5 other extracurricular activities

Must come from good stock. Nothing wrong about bragging about your kid. Actually we need more parents bragging about their kids.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats Apis! Just curious, looking at his "stats" you listed, they look real similar to what I had coming out. Is he in IB?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I went to FIT freshman year. At that point was considered the no. 3 engineering school in the country, behind only MIT and Cal Poly. There weren't enough girls there. So I transferred to USF. Fell into high clover. Did some grad work at GT, your son should take a real close look there. All depends on major and what he wants to pusue. Engineering get's highly specialized in school these days. It's really important to look at professors and what their research is geared toward. My nephew holds his Phd. from University of Zurich but attended GT as an Undergrad(Professor at University of washington). Have a brilliant sister who graduated GT as well.If I can help let me know.

I have a friend that went to FIT. He's an adopted USF football fan and has definitely commented on the female population at USF... quantity and quality. Something to consider indeed.

Congrats Apis, if he somehow falls down to the lowly ranks of civil engineering or wants to do an internship in land development, hit me up and I'll see if I can hook him up.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

My son just sent in his application to USF!!

Congrats! So nice to see another brilliant mind coming to USF, i'm here and i'm the val from my school and my roommate is a national merit scholar (SO much smarter than me...) so he will be in good company. Make sure he looks into the honors college, so many great benefits including a huge dorm room and I little extra scholarship money. :)