• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Are the Odds That We Lose to Ball State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game. It obviously didn't end the way any of us wanted it to. I do not know if it was the wind or BJ not paying attention to his receiver or what but that interception at the end was ridiculous. There is so much this team needs to work on. The defense couldn't stop Ball State from marching down the field. Our offense didn't get moving until the last series.

The game was close. The game was exciting (at the end). The game should have been a blow out.

I was disappointed by the loss, but more disappointed by one of our own fans who was yelling at the team as they left the field while the rest of us were applauding them. It was a loss, sure, but they likely feel badly enough about it. We can at least still support them as they walk off the field. Even Rocky was shaking his head at this guy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

I was at the game. It obviously didn't end the way any of us wanted it to. I do not know if it was the wind or BJ not paying attention to his receiver or what but that interception at the end was ridiculous.

That looked like communication screw-up .... qb and wr did not have same play.

I was disappointed by the loss, but more disappointed by one of our own fans who was yelling at the team as they left the field

That;s pretty disappointing ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I was at the game. It obviously didn't end the way any of us wanted it to. I do not know if it was the wind or BJ not paying attention to his receiver or what but that interception at the end was ridiculous.

That looked like communication screw-up .... qb and wr did not have same play.

Yep.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Feel pretty good about this call.

I think this is a 50-50 game right now.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Our offense didn't get moving until the last series.

Here it is again. I have seen several people comment to this effect. What game were you watching?!?

USF moved the ball well on offense the whole game. They had more than 200 rushing yards, most of them in the first half. Daniels threw for more than 300 yards. No turnovers until that last drive (and that pick was admittedly ugly). This was by far the best offensive performance of the season, and while that may not necessarily be saying much, on this day the offense was pretty good. Penalties on the first drive and that stupid inexplicable blocked extra point cost them though - either score a touchdown on that first drive or don't miss the extra point, and a field goal either wins or ties the game on that last drive and there's no reason to be throwing the ball at all.

EDIT: Also, you say the offense didn't "get moving until the last series." The drive before the last series was ... a 99-yard touchdown drive. You and I watched very different games.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

bj threw a pick earlier before half but your right bj played well and our offense could have score more but they moved pretty easily up the field.

Gobulls83..your have to be realistic here. We have a very badly coached team. We have very good offensive weapons and saw a glimpse of what they can do when the proper plays are called and our guys get the ball in space but what does it prove against a weak mac defense. We need to play a style of play against tougher opponents. Our coach has established a weak mindset with our players. He coddles them and doesnt put any real blame on them. Everything is going to be alrigth mentality isnt cutting it. We are sinking fast and we have virtually no respect from an outsiders perspective and our fanbase is rapidly vanishing. We need to right this ship. We need a serious change in mentality or regime. Which would you prefer? The current course of action is not working and your green and gold goggles is getting old. We love the team as much as you but we are BAD right now and its mostly coaching.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

bj threw a pick earlier before half but your right bj played well and our offense could have score more but they moved pretty easily up the field.

Gobulls83..your have to be realistic here. We have a very badly coached team. We have very good offensive weapons and saw a glimpse of what they can do when the proper plays are called and our guys get the ball in space but what does it prove against a weak mac defense. We need to play a style of play against tougher opponents. Our coach has established a weak mindset with our players. He coddles them and doesnt put any real blame on them. Everything is going to be alrigth mentality isnt cutting it. We are sinking fast and we have virtually no respect from an outsiders perspective and our fanbase is rapidly vanishing. We need to right this ship. We need a serious change in mentality or regime. Which would you prefer? The current course of action is not working and your green and gold goggles is getting old. We love the team as much as you but we are BAD right now and its mostly coaching.

Today was the day I became convinced Holtz is not going to be able to win here. But unfortunately he's also not going anywhere, so I'm just going to keep hoping Asiantii Woulard is some sort of phenom.

And the race that pops up every game to see who can declare that the team sucks the loudest, earliest and most frequently is still nonsense and annoying - do you think there's anyone who can't see that losing to Ball State is really bad? Why would anyone be declaring over a one-possession game in the first half? It's dumb as hell. It's not about "loving the team" or anything like that, it's about not being an idiot.