• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Home Field Disadvantage?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I've been reading most of the posts on TBP but haven't posted since that excuse for a game on Thursday night.

What is it with our home record against "real" opponents lately? Does anyone remember when we used to WIN at home? What are we like 1-8 in BE home games under Holtz?

If you think about it, everytime we have a victory, we seem to be on the road. Does anybody have any insight into what might be the reason for this? I can't explain it. It's getting to the point where I'm more confident about this team being able to get a win on the road than at home. Maybe we are no better on the road, but we seem to get more lucky bounces.

Tired of walking out of Ray Jay as a loser game after game, year after year while people sitting next to me are paying half of what I pay for my same seats. Go ahead athletics, raise my seat prices again next year to make up for everyone dumping their tickets.

Let's win a home game this year! What a concept! When's the last time you walked out of RJS totally pumped after a victory (non BCS schools don't count)? Was it the Rutgers game on 11/3/2010?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Actually, I missed the Rutgers game that year, so it was actually against Louisville Nov 21, 2009. lololol it looks even more pathetic when written down. It has nearly been 3 years since I have actually been at RJS when we beat a BCS team at home.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I've been reading most of the posts on TBP but haven't posted since that excuse for a game on Thursday night.

What is it with our home record against "real" opponents lately? Does anyone remember when we used to WIN at home? What are we like 1-8 in BE home games under Holtz?

If you think about it, everytime we have a victory, we seem to be on the road. Does anybody have any insight into what might be the reason for this? I can't explain it. It's getting to the point where I'm more confident about this team being able to get a win on the road than at home. Maybe we are no better on the road, but we seem to get more lucky bounces.

Tired of walking out of Ray Jay as a loser game after game, year after year while people sitting next to me are paying half of what I pay for my same seats. Go ahead athletics, raise my seat prices again next year to make up for everyone dumping their tickets.

Let's win a home game this year! What a concept! When's the last time you walked out of RJS totally pumped after a victory (non BCS schools don't count)? Was it the Rutgers game on 11/3/2010?

For me it was the Rutgers game in 2010.

You hit the nail on the head. Our home record against quality opponents is abysmal. On top of that, the games are boring.

If you want to kill a program quickly, this is the way to do it. Boring football with multiple home losses.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are bad period. Worse at home.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We're doomed. FSU @ home...

lol this. If we were on the road, USF wins by two touchdowns. Since we are at home, I expect a 30+ point loss.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Maybe our guys like playing in front of bigger crowds on the road ... too soon?

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Since I missed the Rutgers game in 2010, it was the 2009 game against Louisville... so its been 3 years since I went to a Bulls game at home and left with a "W".