• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Blog Post RE: BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

you're right. I should just let them and their types continually bash our current QB forevermore.

I remember when everyone thought BJ was our savior. and they wanted to bench Grothe. I defended him too. Just as i did Julmiste and Banks before him. they are college kids that are doing their best. some fans are so unrealistic(not optimistic) to think a kid will come in and save the day and then when he doesn't live up to their ridiculous expectations they bash him and can't wait for the next great thing to take over.

What, are you new to message boards?? The same thing is done to coaches by same... it's how these things work. My point is picking apart a kid who hasn't even played two full years at his position, is not even on campus yet, just to try and silence some BJ critics is weak.

not picking him apart. he has a long way to go before he can be deemed our savior. hell he has to sign the paper still. I think it shows our current QB a huge amount of disrespect to say a high school kid can come in and do better.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal like so many here always do with a QB recruit or a back-up QB.

Agree completely ... but the answer, IMO, isn't to disrespect a high school kid.

Coaches are fair game. they earn millions to win games. college kids not so much.

So where would that put high school kids, then??

not disrespecting him. just pointing out his game is not BCS level ready.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

His offers are limited noone knows him but freshman qbs turn prog around all the time. I am at all his games and know every player personally how bout you?

freshman rarely come in and play right away let alone turn programs around. glad you know all the players.I thought you said there wasn't any quality on the team. a quick search showed a top 20 RB that got an offer from UF. a junior receiver with offers fro us and north carolina for starters.

I have no doubt the guy is a tremendous athlete. he could be developed into a big time bcs QB. probably will be. hopefully by our coaching staff.people suggesting a high school QB that has played 1 year will come in and replace a 3 year starter and actually improve the team right away aren't being realistic. maybe he will but the odds are against it. I've seen it almost every year with our program. it's always the back-up or new recruit that will save the day. half the time we don't end up signing the guy. grothe ended up being 10 times the QB Carlton Hill ever did and there was talk of him moving to safety when the annointed one came in. if woulard reads this and felt I disrespected him then I apologize. I have no doubt he can and will be a great college QB but let's let it play out before we claim him the savior.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

you're right. I should just let them and their types continually bash our current QB forevermore.

I remember when everyone thought BJ was our savior. and they wanted to bench Grothe. I defended him too. Just as i did Julmiste and Banks before him. they are college kids that are doing their best. some fans are so unrealistic(not optimistic) to think a kid will come in and save the day and then when he doesn't live up to their ridiculous expectations they bash him and can't wait for the next great thing to take over.

What, are you new to message boards?? The same thing is done to coaches by same... it's how these things work. My point is picking apart a kid who hasn't even played two full years at his position, is not even on campus yet, just to try and silence some BJ critics is weak.

not picking him apart. he has a long way to go before he can be deemed our savior. hell he has to sign the paper still. I think it shows our current QB a huge amount of disrespect to say a high school kid can come in and do better.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal like so many here always do with a QB recruit or a back-up QB.

Agree completely ... but the answer, IMO, isn't to disrespect a high school kid.

Coaches are fair game. they earn millions to win games. college kids not so much.

So where would that put high school kids, then??

not disrespecting him. just pointing out his game is not BCS level ready.

LOL, well that works out perfectly, as we haven't really played BCS level football recently. :D

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

His offers are limited noone knows him but freshman qbs turn prog around all the time. I am at all his games and know every player personally how bout you?

freshman rarely come in and play right away let alone turn programs around. glad you know all the players.I thought you said there wasn't any quality on the team. a quick search showed a top 20 RB that got an offer from UF. a junior receiver with offers fro us and north carolina for starters.

I have no doubt the guy is a tremendous athlete. he could be developed into a big time bcs QB. probably will be. hopefully by our coaching staff.people suggesting a high school QB that has played 1 year will come in and replace a 3 year starter and actually improve the team right away aren't being realistic. maybe he will but the odds are against it. I've seen it almost every year with our program. it's always the back-up or new recruit that will save the day. half the time we don't end up signing the guy. grothe ended up being 10 times the QB Carlton Hill ever did and there was talk of him moving to safety when the annointed one came in. if woulard reads this and felt I disrespected him then I apologize. I have no doubt he can and will be a great college QB but let's let it play out before we claim him the savior.

Give it a rest. Let anyone who has a opinion, hold that opinion. Your display really smacks of some desperate attempt to defend BJ. No one dismisses BJ athletic skills. He just isn't tall enough to pass over an OL/DL in the NCAA. If he was able to scramble and throw on the run, ala Kellen Moore, that wouldn't be that important. But, when he is flushed from the pocket, he tends to look for one guy as an outlet. Usually a receiver within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Lacking the touch, of a "better" QB., he strongarms the ball and all hell breaks loose.

Asiantii is quite a different type of QB. He actually thrives and succeeds when under pressure.Physically he is a huge improvement over BJ. After watching him extensively in those high pressure situations, I am sure he will exceed BJ's accomplishments. BJ has fine stats, but most of them are run up in low pressure situations. With the game on the line, he tends to get frenetic and makes huge mistakes relative to game outcome. He is for sure not a 2 minute drill guy. AW on the other hand is poise under fire.

AW will be a significant upgrade.

freshman rarely come in and play right away let alone turn programs around.

You mean like Teddy Bridgewater?

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care about your Google search lol I am here!!! You have offers and commitable offers wait and see! there are kids who have had 15-20 offers maybe two commitable. There are also Jr and Sr qb that aren't ready all over the country. I sense some jealousy or animosity for some reason. Wait and see let the fans be enthusiastic if they want to. What's the point ibm your negativity if you're not excited fine but don't force your lack of enthusiasm object someone else. Stats lie all the time especially in hs.didn't say we didn't have talent at all. Google our rushing stats last year lol a good running back and a good rec can do nothing without an o line lol. We got an sec commit at safety too he also plays kick return wide rec and corner occasionally running back. That rec you speak of also plays safety. They don't have enough kids to even scrimmage offense and defense lol and it's an 8 a school. Why because the coaching sucks its more to football then Google. you're funny...

Edited by doubledown

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

This would be a good spot to bring the thread back on topic about Daniels' pros/cons and how the coaching staff is utilizing him. We will have plenty of time to critique young Mr Woulard in the years to come when he officially is a Bull. Thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

This would be a good spot to bring the thread back on topic about Daniels' pros/cons and how the coaching staff is utilizing him. We will have plenty of time to critique young Mr Woulard in the years to come when he officially is a Bull. Thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.

I shudder to think how the "conversations" will go next year at this time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Give it a rest. Let anyone who has a opinion, hold that opinion. Your display really smacks of some desperate attempt to defend BJ. No one dismisses BJ athletic skills. He just isn't tall enough to pass over an OL/DL in the NCAA. If he was able to scramble and throw on the run, ala Kellen Moore, that wouldn't be that important. But, when he is flushed from the pocket, he tends to look for one guy as an outlet. Usually a receiver within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Lacking the touch, of a "better" QB., he strongarms the ball and all hell breaks loose.

Asiantii is quite a different type of QB. He actually thrives and succeeds when under pressure.Physically he is a huge improvement over BJ. After watching him extensively in those high pressure situations, I am sure he will exceed BJ's accomplishments. BJ has fine stats, but most of them are run up in low pressure situations. With the game on the line, he tends to get frenetic and makes huge mistakes relative to game outcome. He is for sure not a 2 minute drill guy. AW on the other hand is poise under fire.

AW will be a significant upgrade.

freshman rarely come in and play right away let alone turn programs around.

You mean like Teddy Bridgewater?

You see exactly what I see so far in the season. BJ can't make the throw when flushed from the pocket. If he has time to set and throw he has a chance but if he's running he gets tunnel vision and usually makes a bad throw, Hopefully he can correct it soon but I doubt it. Let us pray that our o-line can get him some time and maybe not run option plays when we haven't run for more than 50 yards...